• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    Which viruses of any consequence have antibodies that fade? Covid of course and I know some might say the Influenza A virus but I believe the antibodies (Flu A) remain but the virus mutates to a point that the antibodies no longer are effective.

I don’t have a list.
    But here’s an abstract on the role of memory T cells, which “remember past occurrences” of the bug

But it is true that some antibodies remain in circulation.

533150bc8513f6965209cd1643c53b13.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Capitol Armory ad

Reactions: gll

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    My only "lasting" symptom?

At the strangest times I smell a pungent, unpleasant odor in my right nostril. I'm still getting better everyday. Fatigue was my worst symptom. I still have what I would call "brain fog" every few days

I am unvaxxed and plan to stay that way. Let's Go, Brandon!

I still have the smelling issue you describe from my September bout with Covid. It always shows up for coffee and cooking/cooked ground beef. Random times as well.

My neighbor two doors down has the same.

Mowingmaniac 24/7

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2015
    james,

Did you get 'the jab' and still got the covid?

OK, none my bidness- I'm just being nosy.

Since I asked you a personal question, I'll add a bit of my personal bidness - I haven't and won't get 'the jab'.

If I thought it would do what it's proclaimed to do (prevent getting the covid and allay the spreading of it) and there was excellent evidence proving it, I'dve hurried to get in line, but it's proven to be a huge gamble from immediate death to clots, cardiac problems and on and on...though for sure, some tolerate it while others cannot.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Everyone in my family has been vaccinated and still got covid. Some twice. My daughters both have it and I've had a ticklish little caught and headache since yesterday. Well see.

No one got hospital sick. Not even 70 something parents.

The virus will have to attenuate to basically the common cold and then we will be done if the covidiens extremists let it be but they are so dug in that letting go is going to be hard.

motorcarman

Compulsive Collector
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 13, 2015
    Rural Wise County, TX.
    Everyone in my family has been vaccinated and still got covid. Some twice. My daughters both have it and I've had a ticklish little caught and headache since yesterday. Well see.

No one got hospital sick. Not even 70 something parents.

The virus will have to attenuate to basically the common cold and then we will be done if the covidiens extremists let it be but they are so dug in that letting go is going to be hard.
    So the VAX worked?????????????
    (asking for a friend)

jamesmrj

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Cypress, TX
    james,

Did you get 'the jab' and still got the covid?

OK, none my bidness- I'm just being nosy.

Since I asked you a personal question, I'll add a bit of my personal bidness - I haven't and won't get 'the jab'.

If I thought it would do what it's proclaimed to do (prevent getting the covid and allay the spreading of it) and there was excellent evidence proving it, I'dve hurried to get in line, but it's proven to be a huge gamble from immediate death to clots, cardiac problems and on and on...though for sure, some tolerate it while others cannot.

No, neither I nor any of my household have been vacinated. My wife, my six year old daughter (the source for our family infection), and I all got Covid in mid September (2021). We suspect our four year old daughter also got it, but we didn't want to submit her to nose-rape for the sniffles.

The six year old had typical cold symptoms.

My wife had the cold symptoms, cough, body aches, headache, complete loss of smell, and partial loss of taste.

I had all of the above plus sore eyes for three to four days and a fever that ranged from 99-102 for about a week.

All told, the wife and I felt like crap for about ten to twelve days.

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    Or may have had no effect. No way to know.

Lots of unvaccinated people did not end up on ventilators.

That is why I said may have

and I did not say anything about the unvaxed like myself

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    I still have the smelling issue you describe from my September bout with Covid. It always shows up for coffee and cooking/cooked ground beef. Random times as well.

My neighbor two doors down has the same.

I'm glad to hear others have experienced what I call, "Foul-Smell Syndrome".

I haven't met anyone else who actually describes it as being the same as mine. It comes at the oddest times. Entering the room, leaving the room, going from inside to outside - as if triggered by changes in humidity or temperature.

And it only seems to be in the right nostril. It is beginning to subside in intensity and happen less frequent.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I'm glad to hear others have experienced what I call, "Foul-Smell Syndrome".
    I'm sure glad I didn't get that.

My sense of taste is back to a shadow of normal. Nothing tastes exactly right except (maybe) Coca-Cola but at least Oreo cookies no longer taste like a block of salt coated in whatever is the most bitter thing you've ever tasted. They don't taste right but the old taste has become slightly dominant, though the salt and bitter are still definitely there.

For a fat guy like me who really likes food, the losing the ability to enjoy the taste of my food is a real quality-of-life issue. It's not up there with major problems and it sounds like nearly-baseless whining. And it is. But it's still chaps my butt that I seem to be stuck with it.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom