• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    Here's a nice one. Left-handed MRC 99 stainless .30-06 in minty condition. This was put together for me in the MRC custom shop for a series of articles I did. 24" barrel, controlled feed, all-stainless steel, etc. The Montana 99 action is a M70 Win clone, with a few '98 Mauser features (like a Mauser ejector) thrown in. MRC did a beautiful pillar and glass-bedding job, floated the barrel, set the trigger at 3 lbs, lapped the lugs and trued the action. Bore is flawless; we checked it at Hill Country Rifles with a bore scope when it came in. Stock is their own (MRC) fiberglass stock, made in-house. This rifle loves Barnes 168 factory TTSX and Nosler 180 grain Accubonds. This is a superb bolt rifle, especially if you're a lefty. Like everything else I've sold, I've priced it right. $950.00 FTF, central TX. That includes the box, all paperwork and the Talley lightweight ring/mounts, properly torqued to 25 lbs. Scope is NOT included. Round count is just over 400 rounds of factory (only). Condition is as close to NIB as you can get, without being "NIB". SOLD
    Bob

tYynskG.jpg

zSzTDYw.jpg

kCZSedj.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

Last edited:

OIF2

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Dec 28, 2008
    Hill Country
    ...And a few more.
    Bob

uQsPYjt.jpg

Floorplate/triggerguard is one-piece stainless steel
    39EQXuT.jpg

Nosler 180 grain Accubonds, 100 yds
    meNbSNI.jpg

Absolutely flawless inletting
    jEdHXQD.jpg

Reactions: MTA

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Thanks! It's a nice one...but I have nine .30-06's, so a few have to go.
    Bob

OIF2,

FYI, it would have likely "made a 2 week trip" to JESSIE at JES to become a BIG BORE (most likely to be "reborn" as a a .400 Whelen Improved), as I don't need another .30-06 either. = I have over a 1/2 dozen "naught sixes" & my "go to deer rifle" is a .300 SAV.
    (Jessie's work is FLAWLESS, FAST TURN-AROUND & REASONABLY PRICED, too. ---- The .400 WHELEN is DEADLY on the BIGGEST/TOUGHEST game & "won't tear our shoulder off", either. = 350-400 grains of GCCB/JSP/SOLID at 2100FPS will EFFICIENTY COLLECT anything, short perhaps of a T-Rex..)

NOTE: I often say that I'm PRESIDENT for LIFE of "The JESSIE FAN CLUB". - Everybody, who has shot it, LOVES the job that Jessie did on my Remington Model 760 that was "reformatted" to 9.3x62mm.
    (I really do NOT need a .400 Whelen; I just WANT one for the Africa trip.)

yours, satx

Top Bottom