san marcos tx
    20230704_100322.jpg
    Capitol Armory ad

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    Himmi is a 2022, bought new for a good discount when the 2023s were arriving. seat is a bit too high for my gimp leg and back to throw myself onto it. getting off is worse. my son came over, rode it around 2 acre yard a bit, and claimed it. went back to Woods in new braunfels to see what would suit. wanted the Scram but same problem. Hunter fit just right. so he bought it and we traded. gonna be ridden mostly on back country roads and dirt roads (if we can find any not private) so ordered a more aggressive rear tire for the Hunter. bought a Butler old school map that shows best MC roads in texas. we jumped in a truck to go recon 3 promising dirt roads in the hill country but no, were paved over. and map is a 2022. we're keeping off the mean streets as much as possible. planning a trip to Big Bend soon. Spring or Fall. i used to work there in 69 and rode a yamaha dirt/street bike all over it and el paso till 72. anyway, thats my story and i'm sticking to it.

Last edited:

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I use to visit the enfield dealer here in SATX. I like the style of their bikes, especially the military ones. That shop closed before I got to test ride one. I hope to get a new bike within the next 2 years.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    For a really good demonstration of the Himalayan’s capabilities look up Itchy Boots on YouTube. Noraly rode a used model from India through Asia, Indonesia, and the Middle East with the sketchiest fuel, unskilled mechanics, bad, often used tires, roads that could break a donkey’s ankle, water, mud, ice and at the end traded that one to the Netherlands distributor for one certified to meet EU specs. That one she rode all over South America. Keep the rubber side down.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    For a really good demonstration of the Himalayan’s capabilities look up Itchy Boots on YouTube. Noraly rode a used model from India through Asia, Indonesia, and the Middle East with the sketchiest fuel, unskilled mechanics, bad, often used tires, roads that could break a donkey’s ankle, water, mud, ice and at the end traded that one to the Netherlands distributor for one certified to meet EU specs. That one she rode all over South America. Keep the rubber side down.
    i'd love to be pain free in a non worn out body again to be able to ride it like its supposed to be ridden. my son is early 40s, very active, rides it like a bicycle, and hes never SUCCESSFULLY ridden a motorcycle before. he has successfully fallen off of one numerous times in his 20s trying to make 5 seconds his best ever ride. i'll have to stick to the Hunter.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    We have similar desires. I have a 1990 KTM 300 desert racer prepped for the Mauna Kea 200 but never raced because of a surprise deployment. Stayed in Iron Man shape and had money to burn. None of that is still true.

rr2241tx

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2009
    San Marcos
    There’s lots of excellent motorcycle riding instruction available locally. Mr. Google turns up several in Buda. Worth every cent. Ask at Kent Motorsports for off-road classes. Woods also might be a good source.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    There’s lots of excellent motorcycle riding instruction available locally. Mr. Google turns up several in Buda. Worth every cent. Ask at Kent Motorsports for off-road classes. Woods also might be a good source.
    we are needing a class as son needs to get a MC license and i could do with a refresher course. Woods doesn't offer any and said HD does but can only ride HD that they provide then theres a big sales pitch at the end. went to Kents b4 bought the Hunter to look around. was not impressed with outfit at all. in Buda i know Cabellas offers a class for in the $275 range. definantely on the list though.

Top Bottom