• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    The maverick is a solid choice. I wish I had bought 2 when they were 199$ instead of 2 Winchester sxp pumps. The maverick defender holds more and recently the sxp locked up on me. It's fairly clean and well lubed but it locked up tighter than a nuns thighs when I tried to run some Nobel 12 gauge buck.

I ran through over 2 dozen assorted rounds but on my second round of the Nobel it failed. I imagine it's because the European 2-3/4" shells actually run several millimeters longer. Same is true of some black aces I have made by clever of Italy but that stuff was GTG although a bit punishing on my shoulder.

My sxp is still lying around waiting to be dealt with. Maybe tonight's the night. Lol. Anyhow whatever you go with test test test before you bet your life on it.

single stack

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2011
    FL
    The problem with cheap shotgun ammo is that the head is steel, not brass. I just checked a Noble sport to be sure.
    Occasionally a steel head shell won’t relax after firing, resulting in a stuck shell. Winchester Universals are well known for this issue. Also, some chambers are more susceptible than others regardless of the manufacturer.

Top Bottom