ARJ Defense ad

New 1911 mag well from Smith and Alexander.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I have an S&A magwell on my Para Ordnance Executive Carry and I really like the fit and finish, plus it's not some big, clunky thing- it's an arched mainspring housing and magwell in one piece. I picked it up at a gun show in its original package, and it looked like it had never been installed. It needed a tiny bit of filing at the front "points" to allow it to fit absolutely flush but that's how it is when you buy 1911 parts.

So, when I got my stainless Para Ordnance Super Hawg, I dug out the old package, went to their website and found the MSH/MW I wanted and started looking for the "buy now". There isn't. I called, thinking I'd leave a message, but the owner answered- at 12:30 PM on Saturday.

Great guy, by the way.

Ordered it Saturday, it was mailed Monday and arrived today. I'm going to fit it this weekend then give it and the pistol
    a good polish before final assembly.

Between EGW and S&W, this whole 1911 thing is really working out pretty well. Please ignore the dog legs.
    IMG_20230607_180938038.jpg

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    That was a side purchase. My wife brought her home because she was on the euthanasia list. She'd been through 5 homes and was considered incorrigible- animal aggressive, food aggressive, high prey drive, not to be put in a home with other animals or children... It took six months of consistency and hard work but she's now on my list of top 3 best dogs. She may be edging into the #2 position. Doesn't even look at the chickens, plays gently with the other dogs, zero food aggression.

And I got the mag well fitted. It was a bitch, lol.

Coop's Dad

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2018
    Lorena
    I'm going to give it all a polishing this weekend. I got the pistol from a guy who inherited it from his dad; it has a few very light blemishes on the highly polished slide and, of course, the ubiquitous idiot mark on the bead blasted frame. Other than that, it's my second favorite 1911. Future plans are an extended slide release, oversized mag release and something other than the black G10 grip panels.
    IMG_20230608_075222696.jpg

Top Bottom