• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    My lower back it a hot mess. The beginning of July I ended up going to the ER, because I felt like it was kidney stones or nerve pain. Well it turned out to be nerve pain, but the scan showed two stones. After a big syringe and a few pills I was on my way.

When I see my doctor & tell him he orders a MRI. I wait all week for him to call and explain what the scan showed, phucing crickets.

Well wouldn’t you know it, but it back. It straight up feels like I’m passing stones. Every time I get up it hits. And hard enough to put me back down.

Monday can’t come soon enough for me.

DustyDuds

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2023
    Fort Worth
    Baboon,
    I think you need to investigate a new doctor.

Do u have comorbidities that prevent surgery?

If not, I know excellent orthopedic surgeons in San Antonio as well as Ft Worth.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    Baboon,
    I think you need to investigate a new doctor.

Do u have comorbidities that prevent surgery?

If not, I know excellent orthopedic surgeons in San Antonio as well as Ft Worth.
    I found out yesterday that my doctor is retiring end of October. He just ordered up the MRI, my thinking is to justify stronger pain killers.

Personally I’d rather not have surgery, simply because I have had plenty of other surgeries. I know that knee replacement are in my future. I blew my left knee up back in 2016. I really figured the orthopedic doctor I had the would fix the 5 different things the scan revealed. His answer was that it’s only going to get worse and no one wants to deal with the scar tissue it would create.

I know that cataract surgery is no big thing but that is on the horizon.

A friend of my parents who was a nurse back basically has everything that mine has. She did all the various procedures and it fixed nothing, and that included surgery.

That could all change my thinking at some point of my life. The fact is my problem is a degenerative disease, which will just get worse as I get older. The fact that I’m a widower and have a dog adds to the thought of surgery.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    I typed out a couple pages of my problems, and just deleted it.. TLDR is, try a chiropractor if you haven't. I was a distinct non believer. But in the end, he helped me a lot. Though it took awhile to find a good one.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    I typed out a couple pages of my problems, and just deleted it.. TLDR is, try a chiropractor if you haven't. I was a distinct non believer. But in the end, he helped me a lot. Though it took awhile to find a good one.
    I did go see one. He looked at my x-rays from the year before and was straight up like I don't thing I can help you. He added my back show someone who did lots of years of hard work.

He was up front about not thinking he could help, but said lets give it a try after 4-5 times would tell. Needless to say after the 5 I called it quits/

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    The staff at mine actually voted me as "patient taking treatment least seriously" because my wife made me go. And I'd watched a friend use one for 20 years that still had issues..
    I can't say the guy fixed me. But he did seem to ease the pain to the point that the muscles could relax and start the process.
    My ultimate problem, which has no real solution is a double crush nerve pinch. Meaning that I'm probably screwed for life.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    It took me a few chiropractors to find one that helped. But in the end, it was my definition of "help" that was the real issue.
    Part of why I haven't rushed to find work down here is that this year has been the longest I'd gone pain free for a looooong time.

baboon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2008
    Out here by the lake!
    It took me a few chiropractors to find one that helped. But in the end, it was my definition of "help" that was the real issue.
    Part of why I haven't rushed to find work down here is that this year has been the longest I'd gone pain free for a looooong time.
    I had been talking about how work was killing for a good 5 years. Nothing like not sleeping because you hurt to much. I dealt with it until was 59.5. That was the magic age that I could start pulling on my 401K without to big of a penalty.

We lived out of a cigar box that I stashed away money from the Renfest for 3 years, plus I sold a free things that I regretted. It was really nice that my taste in toys especially hard to get ones sold pretty quick.

Top Bottom