• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    If I was still in the military I would make you one. I spent many hours making covers for military equipment, vehicles and jets.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Target Sports

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    Were the curators at the Field Artillery Museum of no assistance? My curiosity is piqued - please let us know what the ultimate resolution is.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    Were the curators at the Field Artillery Museum of no assistance? My curiosity is piqued - please let us know what the ultimate resolution is.

busykngt,

VERY LITTLE help. = The curator said to find the NSN & see if there are any still in the military supply system but also said that he had NO knowledge of the NSN nor where I might find the number. - NICE guy though.

yours, satx

busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    The only other museum I can recall seeing a 75mm pack howitzer is the Harry S. Truman Library and Museum but I don’t recall seeing a cover with it. And I doubt they’d have any knowledge as to how to locate a National Stock Number for it, anyway.

Maybe (??) there would be an old FM (Field Manual) book on the pack howitzer which might list NSNs for such accessories. I know there are some folks around that collect old FMs. Or the “home” Army Posts for the Ordnance Corps or Transportation Corps might have FM libraries that could help. (???).

If you had the NSN, you could probably locate the last contract - when & by whom, it was filled. (IF they’re still in business). Good luck!

Top Bottom