• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rp-

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2010
    converse
    i recently did some work on a guys pool before moving here from san diego. when it came tiome to pay up the guy couldnt so i worked an 1886 lever action winchester into the trade.

i bought a japanese type 99 in pretty good condition but hasnt been fired in about 40 years.

i had a customer 'tip' me with a box of rifle parts after we were talking about a set of japanese rifles i had recently built and given to a couple friends. he told me he got them that way but that he wasnt any good at building rifles and gave me the box-o-parts. brought it home and to my suprise it was only the 2 screws in the handguard were removed and everything else was pretty much assembled. the (included) scope and mount and rings were in pieces though, but when i put it all back together i noticed it had an FN crest and was a definate mauser. still havent identified it completely yet, but so far it looks like an 1892 or 1893, or 1894 mauser made by FN for a central or south american nation.

none of these have been test fired. i only need to shoot a couple rounds out of each of them but i havent been able to get any free time when the range is open. anyone know of a place or have some land around converse or around my work where i could put out a couple rounds? i dont need anything special, just a place i can shoot a couple into the ground or into a pile of dirt or something

anyone have anything around converse or i-10 and dominion area or anywhere in between. i usually get off work after 5 ish and with traffic i dont really have a chance to make it to the range.
    ARJ Defense ad

redfred

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2009
    La Porte
    Check out www.wheretoshoot.org. Type in your ZIP code and it will show you ranges in your area. A word of warning. If the guns haven't been shot, I'd get a gunsmith to check them out before shooting them myself. While you're at it, you might ask the 'smith if he knows about any place to go shoot.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    triggermike11
    Top Bottom