• ...and so much more!
  • TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    All I can afford is this li'l cheapy.....
    Sentinel.jpg

TexasRedneck

1911 Nut
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 23, 2009
    New Braunfels, TX
    On a more serious note, I happen to personally like the High Standard Crusader Compact - VERY budget friendly, and the one I had was 100% reliable. Let a friend talk me into sellin' it to him, so I need ta find another one.

csmusarmy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Pflugerville
    I carry the New Agent whenever I can which only excludes work (I sneak in a Ruger LCP in my pocket). It's a great piece and conceals easily using a Blackhawk holster. I did make a couple mods before I was comfortable though
    1. The Holster was for a full size 1911 however with care I took it down with my dremel tool. It now works for my New Agent and my Springfield GI Champion
    2. The Trench sight is less than desirable in dim lighting. I corrected for this by installing the Crimson Trace LG-304 Laser Grip. Since the New Agent is a light carry the grip screws were too small so I had to buy standard ones at GT Distributors.
    The end result can be seen

IMG00072-20110205-1408.jpg

SIG-SOG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    DFW
    I'm looking to purchase a compact 1911 that I can carry concealed. Would like some recommendations on something that is going to be reliable, comfortable, accurate and in the $700 (used is ok) price range.

Thanks in advance

I have a Colt Defender that is accurate and reliable. I have also read a lot of good reviews on various forums about the Defender and the New Agent. The worst part about any 3" 1911 is: you will then be hooked and looking at another 1911. They are awesome guns. My wife has her eyes on a Wilson 1911 - go girl!!

Also, while I don't have one yet, check out Raven Concealment Systems for their Kydex holster. I think they have one for 3" 1911's. The one I saw can be configured for both IWB and OWB by changing the clips on them. Really thin and concealable. Saw one that an employee had at BT in Plano. He had a full size 1911 with a light on it in this type holster.

oldnbald

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    Abilene, Texas
    i have 3 sti's, a few sa's, a para, and an ria (officers size), and the ria is every bit as reliable and accurate. The ria has been "in the stable" for approximately a year and i have been impressed with it for the cost (under $400.00 total). The "up side" is that i don't worry about scratches or the fact that it may be taken away should i be forced to use it in a defensive situation. For the money spent it has definitely proven to be a good purchase and totally trusworthy. Good luck.​

+1

Designated

Senior Unobtanium Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2011
    Killeen
    That is one of the dumbest ways I've seen a pistol carried....glad you don't live in my state!

Have you ever heard of a holster??

I've seen that style integrated belt holster before but I think with with snub's, def slick. Way to show him with the constructive comments.

Fleetman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Definitely my bad! That was a very ignorant comment on my part and I apologize to all in this forum and in particular to San Antone RR....please excuse my <insert word/name here>!

If I had taken the time to actually look at the picture closer, I would have seen it was a Beltster. After living in the Porter area for awhile I have noticed quite a few "gun slingers" carrying their firearms stuffed in a regular belt and have always been alarmed so I just assumed....ah, you know the rest....

As punishment for my extremely rude comment, I am considering purchasing one for myself now to carry my Kimber UCII.

Again San Antone RR and folks, I apologize.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Cardwellfamily5%
    Top Bottom