Need info on Gun cleaners DFW area

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Well I wouldnt sell it to you anyway.

But in aviation everything cost twice as much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn. Now my feelings are really hurt.

But honestly, i really do have my standards and ethics of who I do business with. You sir, just don't measure up IMO for known reasons.

And you thought I needed to spend twice as much, for what reason? I'm cleaning guns, not working on an airplane!

BMF500

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aug 21, 2019
Magnolia
Or, just a thought, I mean, might be crazy but, Hoppes #9, some brushes and patches has always done a great job for me.
No man, you're exactly right. Yet having seen first hand what will come off of a heavily used piece that was already clean the traditional way and then took a bath in an ultrasonic washer, I started thinking about getting my own. Now if I can't accomplish this for like $250-300 all in, Hoppes and elbow grease it will be. I mean, I'm not Mad John restoring museum pieces or anything nor am I trying to be.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
No man, you're exactly right. Yet having seen first hand what will come off of a heavily used piece that was already clean the traditional way and then took a bath in an ultrasonic washer, I started thinking about getting my own. Now if I can't accomplish this for like $250-300 all in, Hoppes and elbow grease it will be. I mean, I'm not Mad John restoring museum pieces or anything nor am I trying to be.

Or if you would like to go with a standard type parts cleaner.

BMF500

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aug 21, 2019
Magnolia
Yeah, the cheap ultrasonic is the direction I'm heading.
What solution to fill it with, between use filtration options and complete fluid change frequencies are what I'm currently weighing out to see if this little experiment is going to be cost effective or not.

Sam7sf

7.62x39 addict.
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Apr 13, 2018
Texas
Y’all need more red neck. This is how I clean lowers. Get box. Spray clp into lower. Fire up air compressor. Spray bs out of lower into box.

file.jpg

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Yeah, the cheap ultrasonic is the direction I'm heading.
What solution to fill it with, between use filtration options and complete fluid change frequencies are what I'm currently weighing out to see if this little experiment is going to be cost effective or not.
They do make some cleaners that are specific to the ultrasonic cleaners. That might be a place to start.

My brother uses a mixture of water and a water based concentrated degreaser in his ultrasonic cleaner.

Axxe55

MIA-BOLO.
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dec 15, 2019
Texas
Y’all need more red neck. This is how I clean lowers. Get box. Spray clp into lower. Fire up air compressor. Spray bs out of lower into box.

file.jpg

A real redneck would just dunk and swish it around in the creek behind the house!

BMF500

Well-Known
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Aug 21, 2019
Magnolia

file.jpg
Naw player, I'm only looking to do this for some of my nicer and more expensive handguns.

Products discussed on TGT

Support

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
silencers
third coast
DK Firearms
Tyrant Designs
Ranier
Every Day Man
Shroud

Latest posts