• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    $2k isn't much to work with...

So much depends on where you really think things are going, if you really only expect recession and shortages, you might be best off holding your $2k as a hedge against rising prices.

If you expect system collapse, water supply shold be your first consideration... Imagine trying to garden even a few raised beds without it!

Assuming you don't already have some off-grid power, $2k would buy 1.2kw solar panels, 4 or 5 Everstart 29DC batteries, a charge controller and a 500w inverter...

That would be enough system to power a small chest freezer or refrigerator, refrigeration being one the most important considerations after water supply, IMO.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    $2k isn't much to work with...

So much depends on where you really think things are going, if you really only expect recession and shortages, you might be best off holding your $2k as a hedge against rising prices.

If you expect system collapse, water supply shold be your first consideration... Imagine trying to garden even a few raised beds without it!

Assuming you don't already have some off-grid power, $2k would buy 1.2kw solar panels, 4 or 5 Everstart 29DC batteries, a charge controller and a 500w inverter...

That would be enough system to power a small chest freezer or refrigerator, refrigeration being one the most important considerations after water supply, IMO.
    The ability to have power can't be understated. I think this advice is the best so far.
    Another avenue is to make sure you've got water stored to last you as long as you think you'll need.

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    no debts except taxes and bills
    have a big whole house generator runs on propane or gasoline.
    stocked on ammo
    have a 29,000 gal rainwater collection system connected to house and outside spigots. almost full. need about 3 more inches rain to fill. saving it for back up.
    water purification system in boxes in attic

m5215

Pistoleer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2018
    McKinney, TX
    Use the money to fortify your home to defend yourself when the free shit army comes to take what you have.

Last edited:

sergeant69

Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 6, 2016
    san marcos tx
    Be sure you have adequate body armor. The Free Shit Army will have plenty of appropriated weapons and ammo. I saw about 4 of them down the street this morning just milling around looking for open garage doors.
    assholes!! i have electric wire on fence top and bottom around yard, house is 50 yds from street. but yea i know, its easily defeated. i also have a large dog with a big loud mouth. live in the kinda country, as its being developed fast around us. so far don't have any FSA around that we know of, but have no doubt the time is coming.

Top Bottom