• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    I recently acquired a Bauer .25 acp automatic. Very early serial number 12XX. I am familiar with how these automatics are supposed to be disassembled. This one however, the barrel will not come out of the slide. I have a newer model of this same pistol with a six digit serial number and it disassembles as it is supposed to. I am wondering if any gunsmiths out there are familiar with these pistols and could steer me in the right direction. Maybe this being such an early unit there is something I am missing? Or, If there is someone in my area that might want to take a look at it for me?

Thanks
    Hurley's Gold

Gringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    Here is a picture of the two different slides. Same make/model pistol. I labeled the picture to point out the differences. Note.....the machined groves/notched area for the barrel are on opposite sides of each slide. On the early model pistol the barrel rotates counter clockwise to remove the slide.....just like a Baby Browning......the later model pistol it rotates clockwise to remove the slide......as all the instructions for a Bauer read. Just don't know what rarity I have here. And why the barrel won't come out of the slide on the early model I just don't know. ???
    2BE90F6D-A1F7-4219-AEE9-33887C9D40F2_1_201_a.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BE90F6D-A1F7-4219-AEE9-33887C9D40F2_1_201_a.jpeg
      2BE90F6D-A1F7-4219-AEE9-33887C9D40F2_1_201_a.jpeg
      2.4 MB · Views: 344

Gringo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 30, 2020
    Houston Texas
    Okay.........so I took a chance and followed Chucks advice :roflfunny: I used a large punch and a small hammer.......and I managed to get it apart. I cleaned up the area of interference with a file and some emery cloth then some scotchbrite. Now the barrel does go in and out of the slide as it is supposed to. Still doesn't explain why it is completely opposite of how the Bauer is supposed to come apart and more like a Baby Browning.

Top Bottom