0C2FD153-0DE0-49D5-AC9A-BEA4430A3EE8.jpeg
    FE67D04F-4E7A-4E38-B48D-E632B9554498.jpeg

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    Seriously? Lol. One of the few actual pictures of a dead copperhead ever posted here.;)

Most folks here post dead rat snakes, water snakes, once even a garter snake all misidentified as something venomous.

Then when called on it double down on their ignorance.
    Yea ive never seen one before in person before. I thought the pattern was different on them but this snake looks young so maybe it is not mature in pattern yet.

i could tell it was venomous by the eye shape but wanted to confirm. Dont want my dogs getting bit

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I enjoy the Animal Planet series Lone Star Law. Season before this or maybe a couple of seasons ago wardens went to investigate a man that had been trapping them around a school somewhere in the Greenville area. Without a doubt he had caught the biggest copperheads that I ever saw and had a bunch of them in a cage. Was going to sell/give them to some researcher. Wardens gave him the okey doke.
    Conversely somebody had killed a timber rattler and posted it on Facebook. They busted him; timber rattlers are endangered and protected in Texas.

lonestardiver

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Eagle Mountain Lake area
    Yea ive never seen one before in person before. I thought the pattern was different on them but this snake looks young so maybe it is not mature in pattern yet.

i could tell it was venomous by the eye shape but wanted to confirm. Dont want my dogs getting bit
    Eye shape is not always a given, the amount of available light can cause the pupil to be dilated and not appear as a vertical slit in low light.

One thing is if you look at the pattern, you see a Hersheys kiss shaoed dark splotches.

I have learned that it is not a single feature you identify a snake by but you look for several features and or a patterns.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Eye shape is not always a given, the amount of available light can cause the pupil to be dilated and not appear as a vertical slit in low light.

One thing is if you look at the pattern, you see a Hersheys kiss shaoed dark splotches.

I have learned that it is not a single feature you identify a snake by but you look for several features and or a patterns.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Triangular shaped head is a pretty good indicator for venomous snakes in the viper family.

Top Bottom