• ...and so much more!
  • TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    An organization I'm with is doing a shotgun giveaway at our annual fundraising banquet. We're not selling raffle tickets, it's a straight giveaway. We aren't making money on the gun.

So, we need a decent shotgun that someone would be happy to win but not a Benelli, if you catch my drift. Hopefully better than a Maverick.

I'm thinking 20ga auto. It's a family friendly organization so kids/teens may end up using the gun.

I have an old Remington 1100 I love but I don't think new Remingtons are much respected these days.

Ideas?

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Does it HAVE to be an auto?

Benelli Nova is a rock solid pump action that'll set you back $400-500. IIRC they can be had in 20, but I've only ever seen 12's in person. My favorite pump shotgun, hands down.

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I have a question: If someone buys a gun for the purpose of giving it away, unless you're an FFL, how to you legally fill out a 4473 and it is not considered a straw purchase?

Maverick44

Youngest old man on TGT.
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The Mossberg 500 Retrogrades are pretty nice. I wish the wood wasn't so dark on mine and had a bit more figure to it, but for the price, I can't complain too much. I know what really nice walnut costs, and you're not going to get it on a sub $500 gun like that. I don't know if it comes in 20ga, but I'd think hard about going that route right now. The variety of 20ga ammo available right now is lacking from what I've seen. You can find birdshot and turkey loads, but home defense ammo is hard to come by. You might be better off just getting low recoil 12ga stuff.

The Novas are also good.

The wood that came on mine is a bit darker.

50429_500retrograde_persuader_uyeawpqzsqnvl3eb.jpg

Last edited:

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    I'm not trying to be an ass or anything, but I have a question: If someone buys a gun for the purpose of giving it away, unless you're an FFL, how to you legally fill out a 4473 and it is not considered a straw purchase?
    You buy the gun that you intend to give to someone as a gift who can legally take poszesion. 100 % legal under federal law.

Top Bottom