• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguy

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2008
    Personally I find this joke humorous however if it were told by a current top GOP candidate or associate
    they would be gone or at the very least vilified by the press:

April 23, 2010

Categories:

Jim Jones humor

When Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu spoke to the AIPAC conference in Washington last month, he opened with a Woody Allen joke. "I spent my life trying to come late to a Jewish event. And I have never succeeded."
    When National Security Advisor Jim Jones opened his remarks to the pro-Israel think tank the Washington Institute for Near East Policy this week with a Jewish joke, some thought the retired Marine Corps commander should keep his day job, the Forward's Nathan Guttman reports:
    National Security Adviser James Jones doesn’t necessarily come across as the amusing guy at policy events. Rather, the veteran general is known for his measured and careful wording, and his somewhat monotonic delivery.

Maybe that is why some were surprised when Jones decided to open his remarks at the 25-year anniversary gala of the Washington Institute for Near East Policy with a joke. Not just any joke — a Jewish joke that some say was in poor taste.

And here is how it goes:

A Taliban militant gets lost and is wandering around the desert looking for water. He finally arrives at a store run by a Jew and asks for water. The Jewish vendor tells him he doesn’t have any water but can gladly sell him a tie. The Taliban, the jokes goes on, begins to curse and yell at the Jewish storeowner. The Jew, unmoved, offers the rude militant an idea: Beyond the hill, there is a restaurant; they can sell you water. The Taliban keeps cursing and finally leaves toward the hill. An hour later he’s back at the tie store. He walks in and tells the merchant: “Your brother tells me I need a tie to get into the restaurant.”

The joke drew a wave of laughs and [applause] from participants ... [but] ....after the speech, two participants suggested ....that Jones’ joke might have been inappropriate ...
    Guns International

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Roflmao thats a good one.
    though ti was an unconventional venue for such a joke, it seems to have been all in good fun, some folks jsut cant take a joke though.

i bet these guys would go to 'dick's last resort' and get offended by the waitstaff

Top Bottom