• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • busykngt

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    McKinney
    In the early days of our republic, voters were required to have some “stake” in the success of the society, in general. This was typified by real property ownership or a business proprietorship of some sort or some other tangible measure of commitment to the success of the community.

Not real sure how it came about, but the concept of “universal suffrage” - one person, one vote - regardless of the position in, or commitment to the success of the society became the accepted measure to qualify for voting privileges. I suspect universal suffrage gained widespread appeal because of its perceived “equality for all” mantra and a way to normalize political power between “the haves” and “the have nots” of society.

I’m no longer sure the idea of ‘universal suffrage’ is the best way to proceed in order to protect and advance the future of the republic. Can’t help but wonder how some of the members of Congress got there... Hank Johnson [of floating Guam fame] comes to mind, among others... Just seems like there’s got to be a better way.
    Target Sports

Shady

The One And Only
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2013
    I've known of Bernie Sanders since I was young. I couldn't believe we had a communist in congress back then. I never expected he would last this long, but it just shows that there a lot of people in this country that don't hold the values that this country was founded upon. I couldn't vote for him back then, and my political views have only solidified since then, and the left has only moved further from those views.

The Vote for Bernie is a play some Republicans are doing to make sure he is the one going up against Trump.

In TX you can vote Dem now and go back to R for the main event.

I just know If Bernie for whatever reason happens to best Trump I would feel like crap if I helped put him into the White House.

Just remember 2016 very few thought Trump would win over Hillery.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    In the early days of our republic, voters were required to have some “stake” in the success of the society, in general. This was typified by real property ownership or a business proprietorship of some sort or some other tangible measure of commitment to the success of the community.

Not real sure how it came about, but the concept of “universal suffrage” - one person, one vote - regardless of the position in, or commitment to the success of the society became the accepted measure to qualify for voting privileges. I suspect universal suffrage gained widespread appeal because of its perceived “equality for all” mantra and a way to normalize political power between “the haves” and “the have nots” of society.

I’m no longer sure the idea of ‘universal suffrage’ is the best way to proceed in order to protect and advance the future of the republic. Can’t help but wonder how some of the members of Congress got there... Hank Johnson [of floating Guam fame] comes to mind, among others... Just seems like there’s got to be a better way.
    Has something to do with that "all men are created equal." Not some are more equal than others because of what they own or the size of their bank account. This is a bedrock of America.

If someone wants to have gentry, move to England.

easy rider

Summer Slacker
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2015
    Odessa, Tx
    The Vote for Bernie is a play some Republicans are doing to make sure he is the one going up against Trump.

I just know If Bernie for whatever reason happens to best Trump I would feel like crap if I helped put him into the White House.

I wouldn't vote for Bernie even in jest. I also don't believe there is a candidate on that stage that can come close to beating Trump. At this point, I would love to see Bloomberg debate Trump, and then in a couple years people would say Bloomberg who?

sdismukes

Bending nails and making sawdust
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2014
    Erath County
    I voted. Not sure that term limits are necessarily a good thing so I abstained on that proposal. Yes, I am not a fan of crappy lifetime politicians, but I still mostly believe it is up to the people to vote them in or out

Yeah, so many of us hate the slimeball politicians, but our guy is OUR guy, and we'll keep him...

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW

No one thought obummer would win either.

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    I am not anti-semetic. I actually admire the jewish faith. I do know from when i was in school and did research papers on "hate groups" that many have this theory of international jewish conspiracies. Between him and soros that gives these clowns ammo. I mean here in bloomberg we have a yankee jew meddling in southern affairs. he knows he will not be the nominee but plans to pour tons of money to meddle with things. God help me but I wonder if democrats are hoping to see strange fruit again in order to have martial law declared?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    God help me but I wonder if democrats are hoping to see strange fruit again in order to have martial law declared?
    That's way too far-fetched a notion to be considered in any rational decision-making today.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Who said politics requires rational decision making?
    No one with a brain.

However, the posited scenario is too far out to consider. If it ever becomes a reality within my line of sight, I will not hesitate to start shooting people.

For all her life, my mother suffered with nightmares because her father forced her to witness such a scenario. I vow to immediately use deadly force to prevent such a thing from happening again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. The scenario just can't happen unless things change far more than I can envision.

toddnjoyce

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 27, 2017
    Boerne
    No one with a brain.

However, the posited scenario is too far out to consider. If it ever becomes a reality within my line of sight, I will not hesitate to start shooting people.

For all her life, my mother suffered with nightmares because her father forced her to witness such a scenario. I vow to immediately use deadly force to prevent such a thing from happening again.

I'm sure I'm not the only person who feels that way. The scenario just can't happen unless things change far more than I can envision.

You’re not the only one that feels that way.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    No one with a brain.

I think most of us agree with you Ben.
    There are a couple I ain't too sure about though.

Sent by an idjit coffeeholic from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

phoenix

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 10, 2014
    That's way too far-fetched a notion to be considered in any rational decision-making today.

I am sure many thought the same about mass extermination camps in europe. i am not saying its ok or that I would be involved. But think a minute about liberal strategy. They pull something like rid the fillibuster and do an amnesty and give millions more votes to democrats thus ensuring we never see another republican president and honestly a gun ban of confiscation might not happen but can anyone say they would not try if they could. Can you really say several "good ole boys" might not think exactly of the demographics of those who gave our country to gangsters and prostitutes?

I really want to clarify that that is something I hope i never see and personally would fight to stop, but knowing the nature of people and history you always have to wonder. I mean democrats have been dancing on the mine field particularly with their embrace of people thumbing their nose at our immigration laws. If the 14th amendment was interpreted the way it should have been CA would still be purple, but combining high reproduction rates along with anchor baby citizenship we have CA the way it is. Then we have people leave because of how bad it gets yet they bring their politics wtih them and eventually the new state gets that way. DE, MD are early examples, Now its VA and NC and Florida are directly in play because of this. Closer to CA we have NV in play and CO has a republican senator who almost is guaranteed a loss as we must remember a gay governor won there by like 8-10% points.

When Texans lose their guns because of democrats using the "out latino" strategy no one here things there might not be examples of negative feedback?

Wearing a badge at one time I saw the worst in people. I guess I am a skeptic.

Top Bottom