• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I've always enjoyed visiting Louisiana, though I always kept my head on a swivel in New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I had to support a plant in Marrero (just outside N.O.). Wow! The stories around that place! One of the old foremen there used to carry a cattle prod with him because of the crew inside the plant, and a gun when he was outside the plant. There were a bunch of little "shotgun" houses that backed up to the fence line on one side, and it was a 3rd World back there.

Eh, it’s always been that way. Lived up the river in LaPlace in the 70s and early 80s. Worked at a beer distributor one summer while I was in college making deliveries to these shotgun houses in Reserve where you could literally get a liquor license and sell out of your house.

Talk about having your head on a swivel. Fortunately the driver I was with was black and had my back. I did carry a nice fix blade with me though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lynx Defense

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Eh, it’s always been that way. Lived up the river in LaPlace in the 70s and early 80s. Worked at a beer distributor one summer while I was in college making deliveries to these shotgun houses in Reserve where you could literally get a liquor license and sell out of your house.

Talk about having your head on a swivel. Fortunately the driver I was with was black and had my back. I did carry a nice fix blade with me though.

>
    No, it’s worse.

I lived there 1962-63, 65-69, & 2008-18.

Visited a lots in between.

It is way worse now, than ever.

leVieux

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Read a story on another forum.

Guy had his car jacked while he was standing at the valet stand, literally. Young black males took it. He reported it.

Car was found a couple days later in a remote area with a dead 12 year old in it. Story was that the 12 year old had witnessed a murder (or two?) and the gang members who were very young took him out to the swamp and shot him. Kid was a star student in a special kind of school in a bad place. Pretty sure they caught the kids who did it, but I never heard whether they will make them pay / go to trial / etc.

Many never have to pay for their crimes. I seem to remember that the DA there was under investigation by the FBI for corruption.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never go to Louisiana.
    >
    The problem is mainly in the democrat-controlled cities of New Orleans, Shreveport, & the “Scotlandville” part of metro Baton Rouge. I just feel a duty to warn folks to stay away from New Orleans. The “Landrieu Crime Syndicate” has destroyed all civility in their quest for power. That EVIL Family has been Louisiana’s worst enemy.

Yes, most of the street criminals are Black; but most Black Folks are not criminals. Yet, they bring political pressure on the Judges to go easy on thugs. Just see my o.p. on this thread.

Mayor LaToya is a disgrace, a Los Angeles carpetbagger supported by Mitch Landrieu, the “White Devil”.

Sad.

leVieux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    I grew up in Morgan City, #1 wife is from New Orleans (West Bank). I lived there when I was in 1st- 4th grade. I've spent most of my life running back and forth from Texas to New Orleans...

There was not one time in my adult life (the last 50+ years) that I felt safe there. It is only by the grace of God that I lived through some of the stunts I pulled on Bourbon St in the 70s... I have to go there maybe two more times in my life... Yes, have to... After that, If I ever see the Bonnet Carre Spillway again it'll be too soon... I pretty much hate the whole place except for "Salvos" and "Cafe 615 the Wabbit"...

Outside of that, I hope Putin, Xi, or Kim hits it first...

Alan

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    >
    The problem is mainly in the democrat-controlled cities of New Orleans, Shreveport, & the “Scotlandville” part of metro Baton Rouge. I just feel a duty to warn folks to stay away from New Orleans. The “Landrieu Crime Syndicate” has destroyed all civility in their quest for power. That EVIL Family has been Louisiana’s worst enemy.

Yes, most of the street criminals are Black; but most Black Folks are not criminals. Yet, they bring political pressure on the Judges to go easy on thugs. Just see my o.p. on this thread.

Mayor LaToya is a disgrace, a Los Angeles carpetbagger supported by Mitch Landrieu, the “White Devil”.

Sad.

leVieux

Tucker covering the situation in NO tonight. Yeah it sounds pretty bad.

Tex62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2014
    I grew up in Morgan City, #1 wife is from New Orleans (West Bank). I lived there when I was in 1st- 4th grade. I've spent most of my life running back and forth from Texas to New Orleans...

There was not one time in my adult life (the last 50+ years) that I felt safe there. It is only by the grace of God that I lived through some of the stunts I pulled on Bourbon St in the 70s... I have to go there maybe two more times in my life... Yes, have to... After that, If I ever see the Bonnet Carre Spillway again it'll be too soon... I pretty much hate the whole place except for "Salvos" and "Cafe 615 the Wabbit"...

Outside of that, I hope Putin, Xi, or Kim hits it first...

Alan

The Boone Carre was my stomping grounds. Fishing, hunting, swimming and mudding.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    I love the hunting and fishing in South LA. My reference to Bonnet Carre was simply the last vestige of civilization before dropping into Hell going East on I-10...

I've never taken my sons up Bayou Sorrel or out to Turtle Bayou. I guess I should soon while I still can... We sometimes watch "Swamp People" and they ask me if that's what the folks are really like... I tell them, "No, they are behaving themselves on TV"....

I used to know a girl from up around Lake Maurepas. Pretty raven haired cajun girl... that was a long time ago...

Alan

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Just got in from a quick trip to NO. Only one little friendly shooting in Central City while we were there. We stayed at St. Charles Inn so it was nearly right across the street. We didn't go out at night, kept our restauranting confined to mid day both days. Mardi Gras officially started yesterday so everyone was in a fairly good mood.... Took care of some business and ate at Cafe 615 Home of da Wabbit and Salvos... Made it home alive...

Alan

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Twice during Mardi Gras parade season, we had just left a street corner when there was a shooting.

I spoke w/ a survior of the 21 person shooting on Bourbon a while back. This guywas armed, wasn’t hit or injured. He said all Hell broke out, he heard numerous shots, folks hit & falling all around. He couldn’t tell who was shooting or from where, He just hit the pavement, never drew his weapon.

We cannot individually defend ourselves with pistols under those circumstances.

”N.O. ; just don’t go !”

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    We had been at ACME Oyster Bar that afternoon... Saw the news about the shooting the next day. Back in my early 20s we'd go to Bourbon Street regularly, but... then I grew up. I haven't been to Bourbon St. at night in 45 years. Don't plan on breaking that record...

My in-laws lived their entire lives on the West Bank and never had any issues (except a stolen weed eater).

But, I'll still hold with my earlier assessment that if I go back (which is very likely), it'll be too soon....

Alan

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    We had been at ACME Oyster Bar that afternoon... Saw the news about the shooting the next day. Back in my early 20s we'd go to Bourbon Street regularly, but... then I grew up. I haven't been to Bourbon St. at night in 45 years. Don't plan on breaking that record...

My in-laws lived their entire lives on the West Bank and never had any issues (except a stolen weed eater).

But, I'll still hold with my earlier assessment that if I go back (which is very likely), it'll be too soon....

Alan
    >
    I’e lived in N.O : 1962-‘63, 1965-‘69, 2008-‘18; plus many, many visits. One of my best lifelong Friends is a retired Jefferson Parish State District Judge. My Great GF was Judge in N.O. 2 of my 3 kids went to school there. I’m pretty familiar. It was bad before Latoya, but impossible with her. leVieux

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2021
    Victoria, TX
    Right after Katrina it was pretty good. All the thugs had gone to Houston and San Antonio. But it got bad again about 10 years after that. Maybe Latoya will go the way of Ray Nagin... She just needs a good Hurricane to get some money to steal.

Alan

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Josephn58333
    Top Bottom