• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mike_from_Texas

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    North Texas
    Some have better sense that to step into a snake pit.

It’s been a minute or two since I’ve been, but I never felt threatened or unsafe when my wife and I were there. We walked the riverfront, bourbon street, etc… no issues at all. .

Just don’t be a dumbass and go into/around shady places and you’ll be fine.

The food in NO is worth the trip.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    I never go to Louisiana.
    The areas around Lake Charles & Lafayette are fairiry safe. Avoid N.O. & Shreveport. Don’t enter “NO Guns” posted places, although any penalty against you would be minimal compared to Texas. Hunting & fishing places are safe, b/c everyone is armed & crooks know it. Be polite with everyone, don’t get D-drunk.

LeVieux

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    It’s been a minute or two since I’ve been, but I never felt threatened or unsafe when my wife and I were there. We walked the riverfront, bourbon street, etc… no issues at all. .

>
    Sadly, no. We all tried that, won’t work any longer. Any sense of “safety” is now totally unwarranted. Criminals have invaded EVERY neighborhood now.

mdf9183

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2018
    Bastrop
    When I was on the PD years ago there was a fellow officer who went to N.O. for Mardi Grai and he got his car towed for parking illegally. When he went to pick it up at the police pound he showed his badge and they told him the don't accept checks, credit cards or badges. He said they were not very friendly toward other police officers.

Mohawk600

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Austin
    Shut your whore mouth unless you want a bunch of prime NOLA refugee dumped in Magnolia. I was living by the dome during Katrina, IIRC the shotgun was out of the safe for the wife while I was @ work. Them zombie purple drank Mofo were in sarch of Skittles & Arizona Watermelon Iced Tea 24/7 where I lived.
    I agree......shut your whore mouth...........a bunch of NOLA "refugees" landed in Austin and never left. They made an already left leaning city much worser.........lol

OneGunTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2021
    Houston
    The four teen thug carjackers terrorizing New Orleans were caught, lots of evidence & witnesses.

A pre-trial hearing was held last week. Four “teens” had carjacked 3 White ladies, brutally murdered, dismembered a 72 yo grandmother.

Mayor LaToya showed at court, made a grammatically inept but passionate plea to Judge to “go easy” on the thugs; with the victims’ survivors sitting right there !

Do NOT go to New Orleans, don’t do any business there, Please !

With mass shootings of 51, 39, & 21 innocents; one cannot protect themselves with guns any longer.

Last week a Lady on the street was burned w/ cigarette, jerked away, and had her purse & phone dragged off her arm & stolen. Cops “took report”, but wouldn’t even loook at the surveillance videos.

SAD & SICK !

leVieux

This mayor needs to be voted out of office!! She cares more for the thugs than the victims!

Texasjack

TGT Addict
    Rating - 50%
    1   1   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Occupied Texas
    I've always enjoyed visiting Louisiana, though I always kept my head on a swivel in New Orleans or Baton Rouge. I had to support a plant in Marrero (just outside N.O.). Wow! The stories around that place! One of the old foremen there used to carry a cattle prod with him because of the crew inside the plant, and a gun when he was outside the plant. There were a bunch of little "shotgun" houses that backed up to the fence line on one side, and it was a 3rd World back there.

Cool 'Horn Luke

Come on. Love me, hate me, kill me, anything.
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 22, 2022
    Corsicana, TX
    Shut your whore mouth unless you want a bunch of prime NOLA refugee dumped in Magnolia. I was living by the dome during Katrina, IIRC the shotgun was out of the safe for the wife while I was @ work. Them zombie purple drank Mofo were in sarch of Skittles & Arizona Watermelon Iced Tea 24/7 where I lived.
    Texas' slide started in 2005, they never left. Every day since, our generosity and compassion gets thrown back in our faces.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0

>
    No, there have been several non-instigated mass shootings ON bourbon Street.

There is no “safe” area in Orleans Parish.

During my last stay there, 2008 to 2018; inside a gated, police-guarded complex, I had to carry a .45 to put my garbage into the dumpster inside the fence !

You don’t know how many tourists I saw in the hospitals with serious injuries from street crime; and, I saw only the survivors.

No, just don’t go !

p.s. If you seek “good food”, stay around Lafayette, Thibodaux, or Baton Rouge, but do get a local to tell you where to eat and what to order. Near our home, we have Riverside, Dupuy’s, Pat’s, Yellow Bowl, Charley G’s, Fezzo’s, Cafe Sydnie Mae, The Saint John, Forest Restaurant, and a number of others every bit as good OR BETTER than anything in N.O. but at better prices and in much less dangerous areas.

leVieux

Last edited:

GoPappy

Well-Known
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 18, 2015
    New Orleans is a toilet. I’ve spent a lot of time there and in Baton Rouge. I like many of the people there, but I hope I never have to go back.

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    >

Years back, I got to speak with one of the survivors of a Bourbon Street mass shooting; he hadn’t been hit.

He said it was pandemonium; suddenly shots, people dropping, screaming, running in all directions.

He had no clue as to where the shots were coming from, no chance to draw his own weapon.

Just all of a sudden, hit the concrete and try to pray.

If you do visit, you’ll see peculiar resident activity, like taking a cab for a one-block trip, or wearing jackets in hot weather, hands in pockets as they scurry about. Hands are holding J-frames, to be fired from inside pockets.

Terriying.

Top Bottom