• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MWYBORNY

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 20, 2024
    Austin, TX
    So right before Christmas last year I bought myself an RV. I absolutely love it 'cause it's like an apartment on wheels. Only thing it doesn't have is a washer and Dryer and a dishwasher. Absolutely everything else though, big screen TV, Shower, too lazy boys, another TV in the bedroom, and a full kitchen. All I have to do is park it next to a lake and go skinny dipping at night and no one's the wiser. Anybody else have an RV?

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    IMG_20231114_153124.jpg
    IMG_20231115_171900.jpg

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    So right before Christmas last year I bought myself an RV. I absolutely love it 'cause it's like an apartment on wheels. Only thing it doesn't have is a washer and Dryer and a dishwasher. Absolutely everything else though, big screen TV, Shower, too lazy boys, another TV in the bedroom, and a full kitchen. All I have to do is park it next to a lake and go skinny dipping at night and no one's the wiser. Anybody else have an RV?

<>

Welcome to TGT !

BUT,

Are you familiar with alligators ?

Trolling for gators with little pink worms is a risky undertaking.

A couple years ago, a drunk at Orange announced that he could swim the pond behind his house at midnight. A week later, they found one of his hands.

leVieux

<>

tangoparson

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2017
    This is my future retirement home. It does have a washer and dryer. It has a dishwasher, which I thought was the silliest thing ever. Turns out I won’t have another without.

The big thing is granite countertops. They are gorgeous, but who, exactly, thought that was a good idea in a towable? Probably adds 2000 pounds to the empty weight.

At least it has disc brakes, another must have.
    5bc28505f3e41d40cdcc08aaf63e2ab3.jpg

65609079c5ac30744473ba85adb849ef.jpg

1bf7b5458bc53f4a41ff044845cabbfd.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

leVieux

TSRA/NRA Life Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2013
    The Trans-Sabine
    <>

As we age we all become less mobile.

I had to put my boat up for sale when we realized that neither of us could re-board if we fell overboard Even with a ladder & transom steps.

My .45’s are with GK’s or a Son.

If that darned Doc would just let me ride my bicycle again. . . . . . .

<>

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    We have lived in ours for well over a year, and traveled well over 1k miles in it just getting here.
    Done right, they can be some of the most fun and best spent money ever. Done wrong, they will be an expensive nightmare. Most folks don't take the time to think it through.
    There are 2 requirements for success. One is money, the other is skills.
    You don't have to have both, but it helps.

Polkwright

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2021
    Houston, TX
    We've had two. We lived in them for three years. The first one was a 40' fifth wheel and it had a washer and dryer. They were tiny. We did a load almost every day. Shook the whole trailer on spin.

ILexpatriot

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2024
    Piney woods
    Ours is 32'. It is the largest one that I would have any interest in towing, backing, and trying to find spots at campgrounds for. It has a low hitch weight making 3/4 ton towing easy.
    Most of the older National parks cannot accommodate the larger campers of today. Some have made a few sites available, but it's a huge limiting factor.
    Ours is also about as large as you can go and stay 120v 30a. Which is also a limiting factor in finding sites.
    If your on the road freestyle, with no schedule of planned, prebooked stops, it's a lot easier to find a smaller site with 30a service.
    We don't have laundry service onboard. But every town has a washateria, and every decent park has a few machines.
    I'm not saying it's the only way, or even the best way.. But it's what works best for us.
    Resized_20200628_150137.jpg
    Resized_20200606_163842.jpg
    part0.jpg

Lead Belly

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Lake Conroe
    I made an RV few years back.

I got a good price on a used bookmobile with 26k mi on it- BlueBird Cummins powered diesel with an Allison 5 speed auto and air brakes. It had a factory roof-raise. It had a 10k Onan diesel generator already tucked underneath. After I tore out all the oak bookshelves, It had 2" of sprayfoam and added another 2" corning pink foam insulation- very cozy. 1/2" 7-ply oak interior plywood walls.

I was working in a cabinet shop and had a bunch of Alder doors, so I built custom cabinets for them. I rewired the entire thing, so it had 12v, 120v and 240v on a residential panel. I added a Bosch convection oven and a Garland induction plate in the kitchen. Then plumbed and hung all the tanks and pumps as it came with an electric incinerator toilet that I removed. I painted the exterior after removing the wheelchair lift and riveting that door closed. It was solid-built of steel that was riveted- no sticks-n-staples. I added a few windows, but had a bunch of exterior cameras that shown on the big LED screen.

It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed learning as I designed all the systems to work. I put in led lighting that had a wireless remote that controlled all the zones and could change tint and level.

bus.jpg

Top Bottom