• ...and so much more!
  • pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    I made an RV few years back.

I got a good price on a used bookmobile with 26k mi on it- BlueBird Cummins powered diesel with an Allison 5 speed auto and air brakes. It had a factory roof-raise. It had a 10k Onan diesel generator already tucked underneath. After I tore out all the oak bookshelves, It had 2" of sprayfoam and added another 2" corning pink foam insulation- very cozy. 1/2" 7-ply oak interior plywood walls.

I was working in a cabinet shop and had a bunch of Alder doors, so I built custom cabinets for them. I rewired the entire thing, so it had 12v, 120v and 240v on a residential panel. I added a Bosch convection oven and a Garland induction plate in the kitchen. Then plumbed and hung all the tanks and pumps as it came with an electric incinerator toilet that I removed. I painted the exterior after removing the wheelchair lift and riveting that door closed. It was solid-built of steel that was riveted- no sticks-n-staples. I added a few windows, but had a bunch of exterior cameras that shown on the big LED screen.

It was a lot of work, but I enjoyed learning as I designed all the systems to work. I put in led lighting that had a wireless remote that controlled all the zones and could change tint and level.

View attachment 477516
    I’d love to see pics of the inside if you have any.

Before kids and living in SoCal, we had a 23’ toy hauler, then a 42’ toy hauler. Sold the toys when we moved to Texas, but we’d like to get another.

Will probably be looking for a diese Super C in a year or two…RVs are memory machines and we’d love to start traveling with them.

With my company’s sponsorship of a NASCAR truck and an IMSA race car, I think it would be amazing to camp at some races while having access to the VIP suites and race teams/pits.

Top Bottom