• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexMex247

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 11, 2009
    Leander(NW Austin)
    I think it's terrible how people are always more interested to hear about someones misfortunes rather than their luck, but I can't help but tell my story anyways.
    So, saturday finally comes around and I manage to get off early at work to make a hunt out at my friends place in Granger. I load up plenty of gear, guns and ammo expecting a daily limit hunt(x2). I arrive early and proceed to BS with friends near the old house out there. Well it didn't take but two minutes to realize that there was a serious mosquito problem goin' on. I proceed to saturate my clothing from head to toe with bug repelent(off in pump bottle) and proceed down to the tank. Wow, I felt like I was in a damn third world country ! They were bitin' my face, my neck, through my long sleeved shirt, through my hat and on my gun hand as I walked ! I continued to spray myself and the 'squitos down as they buzzed all around and it just seemed to piss em' all off more. I was swating at them with my hat taking out 2 to 4 at a time and they, just ,kept, on, coming. Anyhow, we managed to tough it out till' near sundown only to have my only 2 decent shots fly just at the perfect angle to fall right into the damn tank if I shot them(I know from last year). My buddy did manage to shoot one time and hit nothing and also found out that he had immediate swelling just about everyplace he got bit.
    The next morning we somehow convinced ourselves that we needed to make one more go of it in case the birds were flying. I don't know if it was the whiskey thinking for us or the miller lite from the night before but needless to say it was even worse than the day before and we ended up with no birds and about a pint less blood in each of us. So I hope if nothing else my trip offered a moment of entertainment for all ya'll out there on the internets and made you feel a little better in case you didn't get to hunt last weekend.
    Venture Surplus ad

watchale

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    tx
    Maybe try some campfoggers next time. They seem to work pretty good for us. I think they're made by cutter. U can find em @ walmart in the camping section.

Big country

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2009
    Cedar Park,TX
    Were you using the super deat formula? And that sucks man. I go fishing out in Granger and when it gets cold I'll do some pig hunting in Granger but summer time out there is damn near third world country like on all the bugs. I would have done some running buffet in stead of working tho. I haven't got to go hunting this year at all.

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    is there fish in the tank? if not chuck some pool tabs in there. kill those little mofos

TSU45

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2008
    San Marcos, Tx
    My 3-hunt trip to Katy labor day weekend:

Friday evening: 2 birds down
    Saturday evening: Skyblasting at a high triple, 6 shells fired between two people, 0 birds down
    Sunday evening: 0 birds seen

dbgun

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Houston, TX.
    I've sometimes taken a can of Yard-Gard(besides the OFF). It's worked pretty good in the past.

Top Bottom