• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    I didn't expect to actually post this but I figured sharing will keep me on track.

I let the quarantine 15 become a reality plus a few more pounds. I weighed in after months of not and knew I needed to make some changes. I gave the LoseIt app a try and have tracked both calories and weight faithfully for 41 days as of yesterday.

Honestly it hasn't been as hard as I thought. I dropped sugary soda cold turkey and except for the occasional craving that I will indulge with a diet coke, I don't miss it.

Having football season and my Garmin watch to keep me moving has helped a lot. I know the challenge will be keeping my activity level up after football ends but I'm determined to keep the momentum. I'm thinking some trail riding on a bike and training for a 5K/ run and gun event will be the ticket.

The nice part about the LoseIt app is seeing the estimated date when I will hit my goal weight. Having a timeline on the horizon makes it seem attainable. I'm down 15 pounds from when I started. I have a ways to go still but it's a good start.

Thank you to those of you who have posted about your own fitness journeys.

Edit: I haven't had a drink in over a month. I can't say I really miss that either. I might make this a permanent change....debating that one still. :)

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Keep forging ahead. It is a lifestyle change.
    I lost 70 lbs over the last year and could stand to loose more. I'm 6'6" and had crept up to 340 lbs when I realized I needed to address the issue.
    Good luck and congrats on the great start.

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I didn't expect to actually post this but I figured sharing will keep me on track.

I let the quarantine 15 become a reality plus a few more pounds. I weighed in after months of not and knew I needed to make some changes. I gave the LoseIt app a try and have tracked both calories and weight faithfully for 41 days as of yesterday.

Honestly it hasn't been as hard as I thought. I dropped sugary soda cold turkey and except for the occasional craving that I will indulge with a diet coke, I don't miss it.

Having football season and my Garmin watch to keep me moving has helped a lot. I know the challenge will be keeping my activity level up after football ends but I'm determined to keep the momentum. I'm thinking some trail riding on a bike and training for a 5K/ run and gun event will be the ticket.

The nice part about the LoseIt app is seeing the estimated date when I will hit my goal weight. Having a timeline on the horizon makes it seem attainable. I'm down 15 pounds from when I started. I have a ways to go still but it's a good start.

Thank you to those of you who have posted about your own fitness journeys.

Edit: I haven't had a drink in over a month. I can't say I really miss that either. I might make this a permanent change....debating that one still. :)
    SQL if you really want to drop weight like crazy, never drink your carbs. I only drink water and milk occasionally and it works wonders

Try this out if you are able

And good job so far

SQLGeek

Muh state lines
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 22, 2017
    Richmond
    SQL if you really want to drop weight like crazy, never drink your carbs. I only drink water and milk occasionally and it works wonders

Yes, that's been one of my biggest downfalls over the years. And french fries lol.

I am drinking the occasional Gatorade to help rehydrate during and after games. But for the most part I'm water and coffee these days.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Keep forging ahead. It is a lifestyle change.
    I lost 70 lbs over the last year and could stand to loose more. I'm 6'6" and had crept up to 340 lbs when I realized I needed to address the issue.
    Good luck and congrats on the great start.

Lifestyle change is what I’ve done too. I’ve used diet before and it always comes back. I was at about 280 when I first did it. Dropped cokes, lost 15. Dropped beer and dropped another 10.

After that I hovered around 255 for years. With some other changes I’ve dropped to around 245. My goal is around 230.

deemus

my mama says I'm special
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    DFW
    Yes, that's been one of my biggest downfalls over the years. And french fries lol.

I am drinking the occasional Gatorade to help rehydrate during and after games. But for the most part I'm water and coffee these days.

I’ve been drinking Protein2O for a few months. 16g protein, 60 calories. Tastes like grape Gatorade.

Amazon delivers it to my house every month.

Protein2o Low-Calorie Protein Infused Water,(7512-AMZ), 15g Whey Protein Isolate, Harvest Grape (16.9 Ounce, Pack of 12) Amazon product ASIN B01GQ5HBGI

Last edited:

sidebite252

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2013
    Lake Texoma
    Hey good for you and keep moving! It’s no secret here that I’ve been working out since late June and my goal was to improve my lung capacity if possible due to COPD.

I’ve kept the work up and I can tell you I haven’t lost as much weight as I would have like to but I feel GREAT! Where I used to struggle to get through 30 minutes on a treadmill I now knock out a 40 minute workout with relative ease. The lungs are working so much better and I have way more energy than I use to have. Intensity of my workouts continue to increase. Feels good.

Water consumption is so important & eating habits are hard to change (at least for me they are). I am a coke a haulic but I limit myself to only 1 a day and I knock back water during the day. All day. Keep digging man!

The benefits from exercise are as helpful to our mental state as they are to our physical being. I’ve seen an improvement in both. You will too.

gdr_11

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2014
    One of the things that many people fail to consider is that weight loss/maintenance is much different for someone who has struggled with weight from childhood vs someone who lived much of their life at normal weight levels and then gained excessively at some point in their adult life. The psychological factors of growing up fat never leave you

Top Bottom