Not open for further replies.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    I have been here for about 2 months now. After we made a decision to start making plans to move to Texas, I searched for a Texas 2A forum. I happened onto TGT, looked around, liked what I saw, and decided this was the place that I wanted to be.

I liked the laid back, friendly, and drama-free atmosphere here. Almost immediately I decided to become a supporting member. If I was going to hang out here and absorb information and entertainment, I wanted to do my part to help and keep the lights turned on.

As I look around every day, I am really surprised at the members that have been around a while and have a high post count and are not supporting members. For a very small fee anyone can help support the forum and insure it will be here next time we log in. We all benefit from the experiences and knowledge of each other by asking questions or just lurking around. This place is one of the best bargains on the internet.
    Target Sports

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    The founders sold it a while back. New owners are not gun people and make money from advertising. I don't think they need charity.

mamboloco

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2019
    DFW
    Welcome to TGT. I too joined recently and liked the group and the content here. Hopefully I can contribute more as I learn and be of help to others.

Geezer

Mostly Peaceful
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 23, 2019
    Silsbee, Texas
    The founders sold it a while back. New owners are not gun people and make money from advertising. I don't think they need charity.
    I was a member of a forum that was sold to Canadians. The same day, myself and a few others started our own forum. We vowed to never sell nor make a profit. We do not have ads with the exception of our supporting sponsors that are also members. Any money made would go back into the forum and to it's members. On our first anniversary, we had a drawing and gave the winning lucky member a Ruger 10/22 Takedown rifle.
    We have given a lot back to our members and we have some of the best people in the world supporting us.

Byrd666

Flyin' 'round in circles........somewhere
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Hill County
    As for the supporting/life member thing, some folks here give back to the members in ways not necessarily seen on the screen.

But fine since you really did put it rather eloquently, I'll pony up a few bucks.(It's really just so I don't get my ass chewed out again)

Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.

While I would never pressure anyone to send their money, the advertising revenue is a troublesome issue given how google, etc treat everything firearms related. It’s part of the reason some really strange ads have popped up in the past.

I’ll also say that the “new” owner is a great guy. The forums day to day activities are overseen by members who have a long history here and we are fully supported by the owner. He’s about as much of a gun guy as possible. I don’t want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I’ll also say that the “new” owner is a great guy. The forums day to day activities are overseen by members who have a long history here and we are fully supported by the owner. He’s about as much of a gun guy as possible. I don’t want anyone to get the wrong impression.

Are we talking about the guy with a Taurus for his avatar?

Frank59

Wheel Gunner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2018
    San Angelo
    How much is my time worth when I often research laws, case laws, etc., to help other members?
    In my short time as a poster I have been amazed at all the informative information available. I've fact checked a lot of things after the fact and it always checks out. Existing Laws and pertinent things about firearms that I never would have known about had I not visited the site. Thank you to all of you who take time to share your knowledge.

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    You know, I just looked around the forum with the possible intent of upgrading my support. I could not find the needed info. It might be good for someone to post info on donations for those of us so inclined.

texcross

Well-Known
    Admin
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2013
    Sanger, TX

I'm sorry have we met? Been to my home? Seen my guns? I know I've had a mod over but not you. I assume though you must be more gun than anyone here right? Maybe you are, I only have 4, my shotgun I like and keep with me and near at all times.

Younggun is totally right, tons of ad networks do not do gun sites any longer, it is a huge issue. I contacted 3 this week and got denials. They all say sorry we are family friendly. I reply the same basically to them all, "thanks for the consideration, maybe there is an ad network that will advertise on a site where the members shoot at their neighbors and pistol whip their kids."

I have had 4 large gun forums message me as to what we are doing, they have nothing as far as ads for their forums. If we lost the small network we had we would have NOTHING. As far as site support, thanks truly to everyone that does. There is zero pressure to support the site. But this statement is bologna. I work 5 gun forums, help tons of business especially ranges and trainers all for FREE! I ask nothing from them.

Oh, and the last owner made money off ads as well. Had just as many ads on the site as we do. Get your facts straight before posting. Please. We have enough fake news and statements going around social media on just about every subject, not needed here.

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    You know, I just looked around the forum with the possible intent of upgrading my support. I could not find the needed info.
    If you're on the web, scroll all the way to the bottom of any page. At the far right, on the bottom, there's a red "Donate Now" button. That's where it is.

ETA: Or just go here.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Austin
    I'm sorry have we met? Been to my home? Seen my guns? I know I've had a mod over but not you. I assume though you must be more gun than anyone here right? Maybe you are, I only have 4, my shotgun I like and keep with me and near at all times.

Younggun is totally right, tons of ad networks do not do gun sites any longer, it is a huge issue. I contacted 3 this week and got denials. They all say sorry we are family friendly. I reply the same basically to them all, "thanks for the consideration, maybe there is an ad network that will advertise on a site where the members shoot at their neighbors and pistol whip their kids."

I have had 4 large gun forums message me as to what we are doing, they have nothing as far as ads for their forums. If we lost the small network we had we would have NOTHING. As far as site support, thanks truly to everyone that does. There is zero pressure to support the site. But this statement is bologna. I work 5 gun forums, help tons of business especially ranges and trainers all for FREE! I ask nothing from them.

Oh, and the last owner made money off ads as well. Had just as many ads on the site as we do. Get your facts straight before posting. Please. We have enough fake news and statements going around social media on just about every subject, not needed here.

IIRC when you bought the forum you admitted to us you weren't a "gun guy". That plus your avatar caused me to believe you are a business man and not a firearm enthusiast. Which is OK, btw. If I am thinking of someone else, then disregard my postings.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom