• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    I picked up a new Class B Rv a few weeks ago and I wanted to share it with you guys. We took it out for its maiden voyage last week. Stayed at the Canyon of the Eagles RV Park. She performed flawlessly. My wife and kid have never been in an RV before but after the first trip they were sold. Now I can't get my wife to shut up about the next trip. The vehicle has a kitchen galley with propane stove, microwave, and 3 cf refrigerator. It also has a built in bathroom with marine toilet, sink and shower as well as a motorized bed, 3kw generator, roof-mounted AC, propane furnace and full hookups. It's almost not fair to call it camping

You know you're old when you become obsessed with buying a camper van conversion. Finally pulled the trigger on it and my family and I couldn't be happier. It will also double as my bug-out vehicle but don't tell my wife that... she thought she had thrown out all of my tinfoil hats. Anyway, wondering if any other members own a Class B RV. maybe we can coordinate a camping trip meet-up...

photo20_zpsacb7fe96.jpg
    [/IMG]
    photo23_zpsba639455.jpg
    [/IMG]
    photo22_zpsc08f4a91.jpg
    [/IMG]
    photo21_zps230aa253.jpg
    [/IMG]
    photo24_zpsa28ddd6d.jpg
    [/IMG]
    photo25_zps3b1870cb.jpg
    [/IMG]
    Gun Zone Deals

Attachments

• photo (20).jpg
      photo (20).jpg
      77.7 KB · Views: 116
    Last edited:

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    All those things fit in there?
    I am very impressed.

I thought the same thing when I first started looking into Class Bs. No way they could fit all that stuff in... but I was wrong. Not only is it perfect for weekend getaways but it's also a great daily driver. I get between 14-17 mpg and it's a hoot to take to the local park or just shopping around. Can't wait to take her to some tailgate parties :)

Last edited:

Glockster69

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jul 1, 2011
    Pfft. Top speed n corner Gs, that's what matters.

Traveling the country has alot to offer, enjoy the time

shortround

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Grid 0409
    Very nice. The RV world is another universe. You will meet some of the nicest people anywhere you go camping. Most take their safety on the road seriously and are armed to the teeth. They will do everything they can to help you learn all the tricks of the road. I know a 78-year old Class B Warrior who travels to Montana every year. She keeps her Remington 870 within easy reach at all times.

My home away from home is a travel trailer, only because I don't want to have to change the oil on another vehicle, and because I can leave it parked while using the tow vehicle to hit the local sights and Wal Mart!

An RV sure is better than the tree house I played in as a kid.

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Very nice. The RV world is another universe. You will meet some of the nicest people anywhere you go camping. Most take their safety on the road seriously and are armed to the teeth. They will do everything they can to help you learn all the tricks of the road. I know a 78-year old Class B Warrior who travels to Montana every year. She keeps her Remington 870 within easy reach at all times.

My home away from home is a travel trailer, only because I don't want to have to change the oil on another vehicle, and because I can leave it parked while using the tow vehicle to hit the local sights and Wal Mart!

An RV sure is better than the tree house I played in as a kid.

I agree. The first time we went camping my wife and kid got to know a lot of the other RVers in the campsite. They are both far more social than me :) Good advice about the protection angle although you had to know that I'm always armed to the teeth... I'm part of this forum after all so you know my firearms are never out of my reach. I like to count on the civility and friendliness of others but I'm not naieve enough not to have something to protect my loved ones.

I hear ya about unhitching and having something to drive around and see the sights. I just keep the Class B off the hookups if we know that a sightseeing drive is in order. When we get back and settle in for the night I hook her up...

TX69

TGT Addict
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    DFW
    Awesome RV/BOV !!! I'll bet the commode/shower is tight. How many gallons of water can it carry and how many gallons of fuel? What's the mpg?

Pilgrim

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Volente
    Awesome RV/BOV !!! I'll bet the commode/shower is tight. How many gallons of water can it carry and how many gallons of fuel? What's the mpg?

Freshwater = 14 gallons
    Greywater = 23 gallons
    Blackwater = 10 gallons
    Fuel = 31 gallons (at 14-17 mpg)

sharkey

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Nice rig. We bought a TADA trailer late last year. I oull it with a 06 Sprinter van and it has worked well for us.
    Happy travels.

okie556

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Longview, TX
    Nice rig Pilgrim. Have owned travel trailers for 20+ years and currently have a 31' bumper pull Jayco with a super-slide out. Been retired 3 years now and getting to that point where hooking up is a hassle. Been wanting to get a used Class C and a little car to pull behind. Only get 9mpg pulling trailer now with our truck so getting a Class C with a V-10 that only gets 9mpg would not be an issue. Just haven't found one I can afford at this time.

Top Bottom