• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    I'm used to what .22s sound like. This gun is much quieter. I didn't have another .22 rifle to compare it to, but I know the sound.

The gun is unlikely the quieting factor.

Most of the .22lr sound from a rifle is actualy the sonic crack, which is often perceived as louder and always of much longer duration than the muzzle report.

You subsonic CCI is great stuff. And devoid of the sonic crack.

V-Tach

Watching While the Sheep Graze
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 30, 2012
    Texas
    Standard velocity CCI is just under the subsonic threshold for fps.......
    Sonic is roughly 1100 fps and standard velocity CCI is roughly 1070 (advertised)..
    Can 30 fps make a difference in the sound level? I think is think case, yes.....

or I can be full of it.....

dartsinsa

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 20, 2018
    Katy, TX
    I have a 10/22 LVT, and only use CCI SV as it seems to really like it. The kids are hitting pennies at 100 yards (takes a few shots...heh), so I see no sense in more expensive match ammo.
    It is very quiet also. Absolutely it is the lack of sonic crack, as firing the Marlin with CCI Mini Mags at 1250 fps is MUCH louder.
    My neighbor even mentioned it a time or two, asking if we were going to shoot the quiet gun.
    On my porch about 10 yards from the bench I don't have my plugs in. I do wear them when shooting.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015
    I bought 15k rounds of this when it was on sale. It is just for my silenced weapons. I have other faster ammo (10k) for the non silenced items.

JohnSo

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 16, 2020
    Corpus Christi, Tx
    Seriously. I took it to the range yesterday and shot it for the first time with my younger son. Damn thing is almost pellet gun quiet - I even pulled my ear pro off to listen, and it didn't get any louder. I checked my ammo to make sure it wasn't some odd specialty stuff, but it's standard velocity CCI .22LR. Instead of the "k-Pow!" I was expecting, it was just a dull "pop" on every shot, but the steel was ringing and the bowling pins were rocking when the rounds hit.

Anyone else notice this with theirs? I've never fired a .22 that was this quiet - it's weird. Not unwelcome, but definitely unexpected.
    Had to laugh at this, as I did the same thing, shot it, didn't hear anything (although I had ear protection on) first thing, had to check that it chambered one, shot it again, nothing. Removed my ear protection shot it, dang it was very quiet. Love this :)

TxStetson

Opinionated and Irritable
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The Big Country
    That's great, Will there be a posting on when and where? I'm in Corpus Christi, but we do travel in our trailer to lot's of places...
    Here is the thread for the upcoming one:

Top Bottom