• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GP40X

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    League City, TX
    And if he lights a short fuse, he earns a new nickname, Stumpy!
    That is why you use blasting caps, avout 100' of lasting wire, and a blasting machine. I could be bribed to let you use my old twist type generator machine if you ahve enough small pistol primers to rent it.

To the OP. Do you have any friends with select fire NFA weapons or friends with rifles equipped wiht binary trigger systems? Great way to anoy the neighbors is to have all your frineds over for an old fashion MACHINE GUN SHOOT. Helps to invite local LE over for some shooting fun too, especially if someone has a NFA Thompson with a 100 round drum mag.
    Lynx Defense

TX OMFS

TGT Addict
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 3, 2014
    San Antonio
    That is why you use blasting caps, avout 100' of lasting wire, and a blasting machine. I could be bribed to let you use my old twist type generator machine if you ahve enough small pistol primers to rent it.

To the OP. Do you have any friends with select fire NFA weapons or friends with rifles equipped wiht binary trigger systems? Great way to anoy the neighbors is to have all your frineds over for an old fashion MACHINE GUN SHOOT. Helps to invite local LE over for some shooting fun too, especially if someone has a NFA Thompson with a 100 round drum mag.
    Already had a few different MGs here. A neighbor 2 doors down has about 50 acres and a MG of some sort. I haven't shot it but I hear it all the time.

So, yes, there are plenty of MGs in the area.

TBH, I don't shoot all that regularly. I used to go almost weekly back in school but haven't done that in almost 20 years. Also, I do want to be a good neighbor. I'm not trying to annoy my neighbor but I do expect a 2-way street of common courtesy.

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Already had a few different MGs here. A neighbor 2 doors down has about 50 acres and a MG of some sort. I haven't shot it but I hear it all the time.

So, yes, there are plenty of MGs in the area.

TBH, I don't shoot all that regularly. I used to go almost weekly back in school but haven't done that in almost 20 years. Also, I do want to be a good neighbor. I'm not trying to annoy my neighbor but I do expect a 2-way street of common courtesy.
    Once a neighbor calls the police on you, it is time to go scorched earth. There will be no two way street with them. It is like “compromise “ with a communist.

They have chosen to start a game of “ Let’s see who can be the biggest asshole” with you. Do not let them piss on your leg and assert dominance.

For the record, I have never started that game with anyone, but I have never lost that game when thusly engaged.

satx78247

Member, Emeritus
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2014
    You may remember this thread earlier this year:
    https://www.texasguntalk.com/threads/anonymous-neighbor-needs-safe-space.85008/

I have since built a range on my place with a nice berm. It is visible from the road and faces the road, a lightly traveled dead-end road.

Last night there was a pack of coyotes on my place. They're around here all the time but this was the first time I've seen them on my place. I am worried about my calves so I decided to sight-in my Vortex Spitfire on my Colt 6940 and be ready for this evening. Then I figured I might as well sight-in my Sig Romeo on my FNX 45-T. I've only used my range once since I built it in July and that was with a suppressed .22.

So, today I fired off about 20 shots through the AR then started to move closer for the pistol. I looked up and noticed two Bexar County deputy vehicles at my fence. I greeted them and asked if my neighbors had called. I know another neighbor got a visit from them after shooting not too long ago. They confirmed a neighbor did call. I have a pretty good idea who called but I have no idea if that is the same person that sent the anonymous letter earlier this year.

The deputies asked how many acres I had. I have over 10 so they said I was legal. I let them look at the range and they were satisfied that it was safe, much safer than the average places they get called to for shooting in the country. They said lots of people have no backstop at all.

They told me to have a nice day, carry on, and that I didn't need to do anything. They said they would tell me neighbor I was safe and legal. I offered to talk to my neighbor and/or call him prior to any shooting. I haven't heard from the neighbor.

I bought this place in part because I could shoot out here. I had my attorney specifically double check that I was legal. I don't mean to be a jerk but if you don't like shooting don't live in the country. The people around me on my side of the road have 35-75 acres and all shoot frequently. I like it that way.

Here's the letter I got earlier this year, the range being built, and my range today after all the heavy rains. I have some extra sand I'm going to have to add to the right side of the backstop, just to the right of the metal target. That area washed out with the rain and left some rocks exposed.

View attachment 151396 View attachment 151397 View attachment 151398 View attachment 151399 View attachment 151400 View attachment 151401 View attachment 151402

TX OMFS,

When i was still living at our family's MOUNTAIN LAIR in WV, I heard a POUNDING on the door & opened the door to see what the H was going on.

I found 2 men in cheap suits/ties standing inside the screen but NOT inside the inner door.

I asked them WHO they were & WHAT they wanted, as I had NEVER seen either man.

They identified themselves as Special Agents of the BATFE & showed me their creds.
    (FEELING more secure, I asked what they wanted.)

They said that a neighbor had reported that our family has an ARSENAL of firearms & probably "bomb-making materials".
    (As both brothers & I are ham radio operators AND hand-loaders, I would presume that we DO have enough things to make explosive devices IF we wanted to,)

FYI, we do have batteries, gunpowder, nails, containers of various sorts & COULD probably make some sort of detonator.

NOTE: All 3 of us are retired military personnel.
    Ed was once a USN aviator & retired as a Lt. Commander, Rick was once a CPT of the USA Engineers (He was disabled & was medically retired.) & I'm a retired MP.

Once I showed the men my retired ID card, they VISIBLY relaxed.

I asked them if they wanted a glass of iced tea, which was freshly made. = They said YES & took a seat at the table on the deck.

A few minutes later, Ed came home from the FOOD LION.
    (I introduced Larry & Elliott.)

After a few minutes, Ed said, "Can I talk you into BBQing chicken & making home fries??"
    (I said, "YES".)

After a while, Elliott got around to telling me WHO had called their office.
    (It was exactly WHO I would have guessed: a DY woman from PA , who was "new to the neighborhood" & who is a NOSY, self-important, "Karen''..)

Anyway, ALL was WELL. = Being POLITE works wonders with decent folks of all sorts.

Note: While I started preparing to cook Supper, Ed showed Larry our ham radio station.

yours, satx

Top Bottom