• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LoneStarTX

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    First let me say I love Henry Repeating Arms lever guns. I have 4 of them. When Henry introduced their single shots I considered buying one waited.
    When I decided to buy I bought 2 - H015 models: 45-70. Took both to the range with factory hunting ammo and what a disappointment: extremely heavy
    trigger pull in spite of very heavy hammer pull.
    Doing a little searching I found Henry had recall to fix this and drop hammer firing fails. Their customer recall service was experiencing very long repairs on this.
    Further search came up with quick fix by removing a small spring and replacing the large spring on the hammer strut.
    I ordered the large springs from Granger and installed it and was pleased with dry firing results.
    Taking both to the range with several 4 different boxes of hunting ammo was a huge failure. 70% of all 80 rounds failed with what appeared to be decent striked primers.
    Back home I put CCI primers in 20 empty cases with no fails. Must be the factory loads were using military hard primers.
    At this point just I want to sell the rifles but with them not firing factory ammo no sale.
    I started looking for the original spring sets to restore as when new but due to my poor organizational skills I can't find them.

If anyone has the factory springs I will buy them!
    Texas SOT

G O B

School of Hard Knocks and Sharp blows
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Hays Co.
    See if Wolff can help. They have some generic type springs If to fit whatevers.

andre3k

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Houston
    I would just get the factory springs from Henry and replace them. If not prepare to ship them back to Henry and let them handle the repair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

BigTexasOne

Support gun control! Hit what you aim at!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2016
    Springtown
    Send them back to Henry along with the rounds that miss fired, they have a great warranty and great customer service, Call them, they'll send you a fedex shipping label and get er done!

Tnhawk

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 7, 2017
    Savannah, TX
    I would just get the factory springs from Henry and replace them. If not prepare to ship them back to Henry and let them handle the repair.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Have you contacted Henry? I had a part break on my 357 henry, called them and received replacement the same week.

TreyG-20

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Central
    First let me say I love Henry Repeating Arms lever guns. I have 4 of them. When Henry introduced their single shots I considered buying one waited.
    When I decided to buy I bought 2 - H015 models: 45-70. Took both to the range with factory hunting ammo and what a disappointment: extremely heavy
    trigger pull in spite of very heavy hammer pull.
    Doing a little searching I found Henry had recall to fix this and drop hammer firing fails. Their customer recall service was experiencing very long repairs on this.
    Further search came up with quick fix by removing a small spring and replacing the large spring on the hammer strut.

I ordered the large springs from Granger and installed it and was pleased with dry firing results.
    Taking both to the range with several 4 different boxes of hunting ammo was a huge failure. 70% of all 80 rounds failed with what appeared to be decent striked primers.

Back home I put CCI primers in 20 empty cases with no fails. Must be the factory loads were using military hard primers.
    At this point just I want to sell the rifles but with them not firing factory ammo no sale.
    I started looking for the original spring sets to restore as when new but due to my poor organizational skills I can't find them.

If anyone has the factory springs I will buy them!
    If you do sell them I'd definitely be interested in one of them. Just putting that out there.

Top Bottom