DK Firearms

My first handgun, still have it, and still makes me smile to shoot it.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CavCop

CAVCOP on Rumble
    Oct 2, 2016
    Central TX
    I was at Fort Hood, it was circa 1994 and I just turned 21, and was about to get married. Decided I needed a handgun (military bases always seem to have lots of crime off base, heck even on base back then with gangs). I had been into firearms since I was a kid. I put a bit of thought into it over the years. Being in the Infantry most guys over 21 had handguns and passed on knowledge. The Luby’s shooting was still a current thing. Semi auto’s back then were ok, but not as reliable as today. The 9mm was not favored. The .45 and .357 were what the Military and Police saw as effective in real world use. I took the money I had saved up and bought a blued Colt King Cobra .357 as what I felt was the best option for accuracy, reliability, and power. To this day, it’s a revolver I love to shoot. No longer in my nightstand, but never let me down, and the first center fire I bring out when training new shooters.

DK Firearms

hornetguy

TGT Supporter
    Feb 21, 2021
    Allen, Texas
    Very nice! I can see how it would make anyone smile to shoot it... Colt certainly made some wonderfully smooth revolvers... I don't know how their current line-up is, but the "snakes" were very nice... I had a .38 Diamondback for a short while, when I was young and stupid....back in the mid-70's... stupid because I traded it off for something else I thought I "needed"..... That one was a thing of beauty.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Gearhead_Gunsmith
    Top Bottom