• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    I've had my Umarex Origin for a few weeks now and have done some 25 yard shooting in my back yard. It has been a surprisingly accurate entry level PCP.
    Earlier this week I cleared off a longer shooting lane and this morning set up a 6 inch target at 100 yards
    I really was not expecting much at that distance, but was really impressed with what this what this affordable air rifle can do.

UO 100yards.jpg
    Gun Zone Deals

BBL

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    TX
    That is pretty impressive for a knock-off toy. I think they copied it pretty well.
    The 60-shot capacity in the bottle is impressive too while pushing 900 fps.
    I've seen videos of kids shooting good PCPs past 200 yds. It takes a while for the pellet to make it there but it eventually does and especially the .22 caliber still has plenty of energy to do some damage.
    The PCPs are a pretty underestimated species. Especially with a coke bottle on the muzzle, they can be a very silent pest eradicator.

jmohme

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2015
    That is pretty impressive for a knock-off toy. I think they copied it pretty well.
    The 60-shot capacity in the bottle is impressive too while pushing 900 fps.
    I've seen videos of kids shooting good PCPs past 200 yds. It takes a while for the pellet to make it there but it eventually does and especially the .22 caliber still has plenty of energy to do some damage.
    The PCPs are a pretty underestimated species. Especially with a coke bottle on the muzzle, they can be a very silent pest eradicator.
    Knock off maybe, but I don't think I would classify it as a toy. Too much power for that.
    For my pump or springer airguns, I pin targets to a piece of 3/4 inch plywood. This PCP shoots straight through it. Like you said. PCPs are a pretty underestimated species.

Now that I have gotten a taste of what these things are all about at the entry level, I suspect that by Christmas I will have upped the game a bit. I've been looking at a few of the FX and Weihrauch offerings.

Top Bottom