Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    I just wish that they still made new ones in a color like this:
    1596974268909.png

or this:

1596977703143.png

or this:

1596975081032.png

Our new-age society has grown chromophobic, boring, fun-hating, politically-correct, sheepish and tasteless. The 1950's, 1960's, 1970's and into the 1980's were about total bliss and innocence.
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• 1596974874405.png
      1596974874405.png
      113.2 KB · Views: 392
    Last edited:

TipBledsoe

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jun 28, 2020
    LaVernia TX
    We are Toyota people too. We've owned just about all makes and many models of vehicles over the years, but Toyota is the only make that's been good to us.

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    What about Voodoo blue and Sun burst colors.....still pretty bold although not on their trucks.

The "least boring" color in their truck lineup now is Barcelona Red Metallic but I would prefer a traditional clear bright fire engine red instead. Red is still available but not as electric as it used to be. I'm not a fan of metallic paints.

Attachments

• 1596977917136.png
      1596977917136.png
      230.5 KB · Views: 375

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    Don't like the color, change it. There are probably no shortage of body shops that would re-paint a vehicle for the right amount of money.
    I prefer factory paint. I would even settle for stock metallic red than pay extra to have lemon yellow aftermarket. White and silver would even be more insipid to me. It seems that people's tastes in automotive colors have changed dramatically over the past 40 years or so. Even buff/cream has become very rare as it was so common on up through the '80's. I would think present-day color offerings would reflect what the majority of new vehicle buyers want and not just what appeals to carmaker corporate executives' personal tastes. People still buy brightly-colored M&M's, Skittles, Reese's Pieces and jelly beans but just don't want their vehicles in those candy colors. People who are rainbow-color-shy tend to be in regards to the clothing and accessories they wear on their person and the vehicles they are seen driving, not in the food and beverages they consume. New Harley-Davidsons don't seem as colorful as they used to be.

New vehicles are already highly-expensive as it stands even in boring colors. I don't know which model year was the last Toyota truck in lemon yellow to be offered to the American car buyers. 1981 was the latest model year I've seen in that as a stock Toyota truck color. Fire engine non-metallic red trucks and cars still existed into at least the mid-2000's.

Younger generations of people don't look, dress and present themselves as attractive as they did decades ago also. Looking like a bum, a convict, a horror film alien, a nerd and/or being obese seems to be the current fashion. So it's no surprise that cars and trucks have lost their beauty, style, classic coolness, individuality, and elegance of yesteryear as well.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I prefer factory paint. I would even settle for stock metallic red than pay extra to have lemon yellow aftermarket. White and silver would even be more insipid to me. It seems that people's tastes in automotive colors have changed dramatically over the past 40 years or so. I would think present-day color offerings would reflect what the majority of new vehicle buyers want and not just what appeals to carmaker corporate executives' personal tastes. People still buy brightly-colored M&M's, Skittles, Reese's Pieces and jelly beans but just don't want their vehicles in those candy colors. People who are rainbow-color-shy tend to be in regards to the clothing and accessories they wear on their person and the vehicles they are seen driving, not in the food and beverages they consume.

As usual, you don't have a clue. The color choices by the manufacturers is based upon consumer preferences. The use focus groups, polls and other means to determine color options for the vehicles. Some colors are offered because of considerations for fleets or companies that buy large numbers of vehicles at a time.

And what one person wants in a color option is irrelevant. The are are concerned with what a large portion of the buying market is interested in. They offer what sells cars. End of story. Don't like the colors, then don't buy it.

Just really seems like such a trivial matter to whine about to me though.

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    As usual, you don't have a clue. The color choices by the manufacturers is based upon consumer preferences. The use focus groups, polls and other means to determine color options for the vehicles. Some colors are offered because of considerations for fleets or companies that buy large numbers of vehicles at a time.

And what one person wants in a color option is irrelevant. The are are concerned with what a large portion of the buying market is interested in. They offer what sells cars. End of story. Don't like the colors, then don't buy it.

Just really seems like such a trivial matter to whine about to me though.

I do have a clue: the human race is now largely boring. Consumers are human, but wait, many these days might be even robots or zombies. I've never received any poll or survey in the mail or otherwise from any carmaker asking me my favorite color. If I should get such a survey in the mail from Toyota, I will surely point out that yellow 1980 truck to them.

There is nothing trivial about the price $40,ooo plus for a new pickup, a hay-hauler. I should get any custom color I want for that dollar amount.

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    I do have a clue: the human race is now largely boring. Consumers are human, but wait, many these days might be even robots or zombies.

So what? Big deal. Auto manufacturers are in the business to sell vehicles. If boring colors are what the consumers are wanting, then that's what they offer.

No, you don't seem to have a clue.

d_holliday

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2020
    Fort Hood, Tx
    So what? Big deal. Auto manufacturers are in the business to sell vehicles. If boring colors are what the consumers are wanting, then that's what they offer.

No, you don't seem to have a clue.

I do understand that. I have to suffer the boringness of the majority as a consumer. I would be in real trouble if nobody but me wanted to buy beef or pork anymore.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Anbu9
    Top Bottom