• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DaveyG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2022
    Houston
    My dad passed away about 12 years ago, at which time I inherited his Remington Model 41 Targetmaster. These were made in the 1930s, were singleshot, and the firing pin must be manually pulled back to cock it. It had a 24" barrel that I (God forbid!) cut to 20" with 11 degree crown, and d&t for scope mounts, putting a vintage Redfield 6X40 fine crosshair scope on it, zeroed at 100 yards. I shoot Stingers in it exclusively and it has accounted for a good number of prairie dogs to 125 yards before needing to switch to the .22-250.
    20201210_145023.jpg

skfullgun

Dances With Snakes
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 14, 2017
    In the woods...
    Nice rifle. I might not have cut the barrel, but it sounds like you plan to keep it and use it. I'm sure that would be important to your dad.

I just passed my father's 1959 Ruger Bearcat to my oldest son. It was the only handgun my father owned until he was well into his 60s. My mother gave it to him the year before I was born and it accompanied us on every family vacation and camping trip. I carried it almost daily for over a year while working/mowing on the property after I retired.

My son told me he was going to put it in the safe. I told him that's the worst thing he could do and that I wanted him to use it as my father and I had both done.

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    I think ya done good.
    A barrel over 18" on a .22LR ain't nothing but sight radius.
    I like that ya'll are using your dad's guns.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2013
    Georgetown
    Nice. I have a Remington Model 41 Targetmaster also. Got it from my Grandpa after he passed in 1968. Made in 1937 as far as I can tell. Very accurate rifle. Yours looks to be in better condition than mine.

DaveyG

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 2, 2022
    Houston
    Nice. I have a Remington Model 41 Targetmaster also. Got it from my Grandpa after he passed in 1968. Made in 1937 as far as I can tell. Very accurate rifle. Yours looks to be in better condition than mine.
    I refinished the stock as it was pretty banged up.

Top Bottom