• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    My 2021 deer season has been pretty slow. Struck out in Pennsylvania ( saw over 100 does but the county cut the number of doe tags by 16,000 and there were none left when I got up there)
    And I got one small doe in Arkansas on opening weekend there.I stopped in Arkansas on the way back from PA to hunt for a couple of days and got a medium sized doe on Saturday morning.
    08671168-E463-47B9-8670-EC040762A1B6.jpeg
    that one was shot at 199 yards. My longest shot with the suppressed 30-30 using almost 50 year old Federal Hi-Shok 170 grain ammo my dad bought back in the early 70s.
    It hit me after this deer that I had not taken a deer with my dad’s rifle yet.
    I have taken at least one deer with it every year since he passed away in 2005, and I was almost out of time to deer hunt( probably won’t be hunting deer in Texas this year) so I put the quiet gun away and took out the circa 1972 Marlin 336. I have been shooting the Leverevolution rounds in this gun for many years and they have proven to be absolutely accurate and lethal well past 200 yards.

With less than 10 minutes of legal light left I got this big doe
    88DD18C3-AAB7-45FF-83DF-684D6C2BC5E9.jpeg
    at about 45 yards. Interesting day as I was using old low tech 30-30 ammo in a modernized Marlin and dropped a deer in her tracks at almost 200 yards and using an older model with high tech modern ammo I dropped one at less than 50 yards.
    Both in the cooler and the streak of taking a deer every year with my dad’s gun continues.
    Target Sports

Sam Colt

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Austin
    Congrats. That’s a great streak. Deer counts on the place I hunt here in Texas are down this year. Glad you were able to keep the streak alive!

MTA

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 10, 2017
    Fannin
    I got a few pink envelopes ready to go for next year PA doe tags. I didnt get a chance to go up there this year but I was in the same boat with zero tags

PinnedandRecessed

Allegedly
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 11, 2019
    Hays County
    Congrats on continuing your streak. My Dad passed earlier this year. It was a somber occasion figuring out which guns would go to which family member. I would have liked to of had the Remington 700 BDL (22-250) in this pic but it was stolen out of my parents home around 10 years ago (along with many other guns). I did, however, inherit the rifle he replaced it with. I plan to take as many varmints with it as I can. I know that would make him happy. Picture circa early 90's.

1638772573085.png

echo1

"A free people should be armed and disciplined"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    KALI
    Good shootin. I'm the first generation hunter in my clan. My son and grand kids are gonna score. PAX

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    My 2021 deer season has been pretty slow. Struck out in Pennsylvania ( saw over 100 does but the county cut the number of doe tags by 16,000 and there were none left when I got up there)
    And I got one small doe in Arkansas on opening weekend there.I stopped in Arkansas on the way back from PA to hunt for a couple of days and got a medium sized doe on Saturday morning. View attachment 292107 that one was shot at 199 yards. My longest shot with the suppressed 30-30 using almost 50 year old Federal Hi-Shok 170 grain ammo my dad bought back in the early 70s.
    It hit me after this deer that I had not taken a deer with my dad’s rifle yet.
    I have taken at least one deer with it every year since he passed away in 2005, and I was almost out of time to deer hunt( probably won’t be hunting deer in Texas this year) so I put the quiet gun away and took out the circa 1972 Marlin 336. I have been shooting the Leverevolution rounds in this gun for many years and they have proven to be absolutely accurate and lethal well past 200 yards.

With less than 10 minutes of legal light left I got this big doe View attachment 292108 at about 45 yards. Interesting day as I was using old low tech 30-30 ammo in a modernized Marlin and dropped a deer in her tracks at almost 200 yards and using an older model with high tech modern ammo I dropped one at less than 50 yards.
    Both in the cooler and the streak of taking a deer every year with my dad’s gun continues.
    What County in Pa?

Hoji

Bowling-Pin Commando
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Mustang Ridge
    Hey H,

You stop in the Zippo/Case Factory/Museum?

Ohhhhh...

On way home, next trip? Stop in Clearfield. Grice Gun Shop & Denny's Beer Barrel Pub!

Later, Mark
    I would have to travel through NY to easily get to the Zippo plant.Bradford county ( in law’s place) is on the eastern side of the state.

msharley

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 28, 2021
    Central Pennsylvania
    I would have to travel through NY to easily get to the Zippo plant.Bradford county ( in law’s place) is on the eastern side of the state.
    Hey H Man,

Yep....I hear "Bradford"...I think ZIPPO!

Always forget about Bradford County....

1643385400997.png

1643385512483.png

As you pointed out...Bradford, Pa is in McKean County....

Later, Mark

Top Bottom