• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    Scout scope, extended eye relief scope, pistol scope, whatever you want to call it.
    M70AB2 Yugo w/ Nikon Encore EER 2x20, Ultimak gas tube, Leupold rings, & Hogue grip.
    Removed front and rear sight, installed barrel shroud, & 550 cord cheek rest.
    I am very happy with the rifle and the scope.

5496297312_736bb80aaf_b.jpg

5496297314_2837229707_b.jpg

5495734619_b68410995b_b.jpg

5496297334_52d96af0c8_b.jpg

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    It's a great scope. I was comparing many different eer scopes and this was one of the best overall. It's light and has a big eye piece. I was worried about it having a small objective lense but it is crystal clear through the scope with no loss of light. This isn't my first Nikon scope. It also came with those flip up caps and a large microfiber rag. I also like that adjustments can be made with fingers and not have to rely on having a coin with you.

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    scout scope? Thats the mounts brand right? I have one that replaces the rear sight in a box somewhere. Looks good!
    I have seen mounts that replace the rear sight too. No "scout scope" is just the name of the set up. It can also be referred to as a pistol scope or EER (extended eye relief) scope. The scope is Nikon, the mount is Ultimak, and the rings are Leupold.

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    I would say why I started this is because the FSB was canted anyways and the only way to fix it would be to drill the pins, press the FSB off, reinstall, and then re drill new holes. Plus I don't like AK sights anyways. The 2x is perfect for close range or 100+ yards. The scope also has a wide range of eye relief and is crystal clear. Plus the front end doesn't weigh anymore noticeably to me.

Leadslinger

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 26, 2010
    el paso texas
    Nice weapon.

Personally i just started concentrating on the use of Iron sights. Now aadmittedlythe standard AK sights are a little difficult to get use to but i have heard many people who have learned to use them well. I personally llikepeep sights sow i went with the Krebs rear peep and the XS 24/7 front sight post. It is a bit big for super fine accuracy shots but it does make it easier to acquire front sight picture quickly and if you spend the time in dialing it in then it can be quit accurate. Why Irons? well after long consideration i like the idea that they don't have batteries that will die on them at the wrong time, don't fog up, don't usually loose zero, won't break unless you use a ball peen hammer, RReliablein a word. Plus it really makes it more fun and interesting to shot with the irons. heck i think i am becoming a purist. I have even gone back to the wood recently. Hmmmmmm.......i am getting old. LOL

http://www.texasguntalk.com/forums/gun-accessories-ammo/23538-ak-saiga-parts.html

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    First time out shooting by myself with the new setup. Shot 30 rounds, rapid firing, prone w/sling. I fired once after every exhale, I consider that rapid fire. Shot 5 times then made adjustments, shot 5 more time and more adjustments then just shot the last 20 rounds. I'm very pleased with it, all center mass. If I was using support the groups would be much better.

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6157/6202874562_91c3d6d0d8_b.jpg

M. Sage

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    San Antonio
    Prone with an AK, I use the magazine for support, left hand stays in its normal place and I actually pull the rifle down into the ground to keep it steadier.

weiss27md

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2011
    Pflugerville, TX
    Just shot my first hog. Just recently started going out since my school break. I just walk around looking and it jump up and started running, was about 10 yards away.

IMG_20111220_164255.jpg

Top Bottom