• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    There are multiple videos on this. I forget which one, but in 1 of them, it was stated that the S&W has the thinnest grip of all 5.7 pistols
    With the cartridges being small in diameter is a reason why the mag and grips are slim. The fn I have is this way and the grip is decent for my hands and shooting style. The s&w should work fine for me?

PUCKER

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2021
    DFW
    Having only handled / shot the Ruger 57, my observation...for such a tiny round it's a MASSIVE gun (yeah, I know, it holds something like 500 rounds LOL!)...not thickness-wise...but overall length / height. Like crazy big...but thin / slim though. Fatboy slim LOL...and then you put it in a holster....

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Having only handled / shot the Ruger 57, my observation...for such a tiny round it's a MASSIVE gun (yeah, I know, it holds something like 500 rounds LOL!)...not thickness-wise...but overall length / height. Like crazy big...but thin / slim though. Fatboy slim LOL...and then you put it in a holster....

Well, if you shorten the barrel anymore, you lose too much velocity.

shipwreck

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Beretta City,Texas
    Totally understand that...just commenting on the how large the gun is...so, we probably won't see a subcompact 57, right? :D

Actually, earlier in the week, I would swear I read that PSA is introducing a shorter barrel version. But as I said above, the round will lose velocity and not work as well. It was originally designed for a 10" barrel. And FN came up with the pistol idea to pair it with the PS90, to sell to militaries.

The force of the round is less when used in a pistol.

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    Actually, earlier in the week, I would swear I read that PSA is introducing a shorter barrel version. But as I said above, the round will lose velocity and not work as well. It was originally designed for a 10" barrel. And FN came up with the pistol idea to pair it with the PS90, to sell to militaries.

The force of the round is less when used in a pistol.
    Velocities stated on rounds are for 5". Depending on bullet weight it's between 1800-2100fps (5").

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    I purchased a m&p 5.7 to add to the fn, p90 and the psa ar15 upper. Has anyone mounted and optic on this gun (m&p 5.7)? What I've found so far is it uses the shield rmsc pattern that also is compatible with swampfox sentinel, romeo 0 and 507k x2. Not sure if any of this is true, so trying for help here. I have none of these optics afore mentioned.

uilim

TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    missouri city texas
    Holosun EPS Carry
    6Jb6Gxe.jpg

TEXAS "All or nothing"

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2021
    Texas
    for those wanting/needing some more 5.7x28 ammo. target sports is extending their father's day sale. 500/$315 w/free shipping, but email stated $289.80 w/ free shipping? not sure what's going on, but check it out (call more like it).

Top Bottom