• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Maybe someone else has experienced this. I have a 6 speaker surround sound system on my computer, when we play music from the files on the computer, there is a static sound. When we play a video from youtube or something like that, it doesn't do it. Any ideas? :1zhelp:
    Lynx Defense

jordanmills

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2009
    Pearland, TX
    There's a few things it could be. Most likely, it's poor encoding on the files. It might be the media player. Youtube appears to use mp3 for the audio stream, so it should use the same codec to render the audio as your mp3 files. Unless the music you're playing from the computer isn't encoded in mp3.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    could be a low quality file as well. I have tons of music on the computer and I come across some pretty crappy quality from time to time.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    What player do you use? Win-amp, VLC, etc?

I use winamp for music. There are different quality music files for sure:

KBPS (kilabits per second)128,is a normal "ripped" file quality. Which will produce decent audio quality. Anything lower then that you will hear static. I have alot of files at 192kbps, and sounds crystal clear. Check to see what the music player displays when playing a few different files. I can e-mail you two files one at 55kbps (low quality) and one at 192 kbps (high quality) so you can tell the difference.

Skip

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    NW San Antonio
    Well, Dcav must be good luck. He sent me a couple of songs so we could try to figure it out. NO STATIC!!!! I went back to the music on my computer and played a couple of songs...NO STATIC!!!!! Quick Dcav, tell me some lotto numbers...

Top Bottom