• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I saw some folks posting about no power last night and saw today that nearly 40,000 people are without power after several substations were vandalized.

Last edited by a moderator:

Big Green

In Christ Alone
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 5, 2018
    College Station
    I’m really curious as to who and why. For those that don’t know, Moore Co. is next door to Cumberland Co which is where Ft Bragg and a whole bunch of high speed guys train and live. I’m gonna assume it’s some asshat being stupid about something local and not some kind of anti US domestic terrorism type stuff. That would be a bad place to try that, from the word “go” response time could be measured in minutes, not even hours.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I mve had the same thoughts occasionally when passing by. I think much of out infrastructure depends on a polite society and is vulnerable to turds

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    “… an armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life. For me, politeness is a sine qua non of civilization. That’s a personal evaluation only. But gunfighting has a strong biological use. We do not have enough things to kill off the weak and the stupid these days. But to stay alive as an armed citizen a man has to be either quick with his wits or with his hands, preferably both.”
    -Beyond This Horizon
    -Robert Heinlein

Vaquero

Moving stuff to the gas prices thread.....
    Staff member
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Dixie Land
    These aren't things I wish for the general public to know.

I have heavily edited some posts in this thread.
    I ask, if you know how to disable essential infrastructure, don't post it on TGT.
    It's not the kind of information sharing I want to be associated with.

Thanks.

Last edited:

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    This is one reason NOT to connect Texas to the national grid.

Is there such a thing as a "national" grid? I thought there were 3 grids, East, West, and Texas.

Now I agree with your sentiment, Texas should remain independent of any grid ties, and while independence reduces our risk, it doesn't make us immune to what happened in Kkkalifornia or (perhaps, we don't know enough yet) what happened in NC.

Ultimately, those other grids are something I care much less about than our grid here in Texas, and the question remains -- Does anyone raise their hand in favor of increased taxes to secure the grid (and after that, secure the rails, and the border, and etc, etc, etc)?

If not, then we have to own it if/when we go dark. We have to say, "Yes, we had examples of what could easily happen, we knew we were totally vulnerable, we had time and money (didn't I read about a Texas budget surplus this year?), but we sat on our arses and did nothing"

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    These aren't things I wish for the general public to know.

I have heavily edited some posts in this thread.
    I ask, if you know how to disable essential infrastructure, don't post it on TGT.
    It's not the kind of information sharing I want to be associated with.

Thanks.
    Noted. I will just delete my post.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    Found this website that shows U.S. current power outages and maps them. Thought it potentially useful and informative.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    If you like conspiracy lunacy go read the topics on this event on conspiracy central aka above top secret dot com. There are some locals, to the area of the stations, there with info ranging from dry run, to terrorists biden allowed in, to local econazis and one lady saying a local group did it to shut down a drag queen story time event. She's since changed her tune to God did to stop the gays after realizing she was essentially assigning credit to a domestic terror attack and being interviewed by police and FBI.

Any bets on the story the MSM would love to run with?

etmo

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2020
    Cedar Creek, Tx
    No. I don't think that "Throw money at it" must always be the answer.
    Seems like a natural for a true militia.
    Perhaps there are other solutions?

Agreed, money mustn't always be the answer, but money is very often an answer, perhaps the most universal answer we have as a society.

Securing the grid as a whole is a serious expense, if done at once.

If you believe there are no terrorists looking to plunge the USA into darkness at the moment (this argument is supported by the fact that it would be easy to do, and we're not in darkness, ergo no terrorists), and we therefore have time on our side, we could simply mandate that replacements are made with security measures. That would increase only the cost of replacements, and thus spread out the expense over many years, making it affordable.

The downside is that you won't have a secure grid for generations. Perhaps combine that with other solutions to bolster security in the interim?

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Nope. Every MSM story I've seen has predictably mentioned the drag queen angle, even going so far as to interview people from the show and tell their stirring story of how they endured the adversity and completed their show by candlelight.

candcallen

Crotchety, Snarky, Truthful. You'll get over it.
    Emeritus - "Texas Proud"
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 23, 2011
    Little Elm
    Nope. Every MSM story I've seen has predictably mentioned the drag queen angle, even going so far as to interview people from the show and tell their stirring story of how they endured the adversity and completed their show by candlelight.
    Too bad the candle light didn't catch some of the hairspray and polyester on fire.

Shit! Did I say that out loud? Sorry.

General Zod

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2012
    Kaufman County
    If you like conspiracy lunacy go read the topics on this event on conspiracy central aka above top secret dot com. There are some locals, to the area of the stations, there with info ranging from dry run, to terrorists biden allowed in, to local econazis and one lady saying a local group did it to shut down a drag queen story time event. She's since changed her tune to God did to stop the gays after realizing she was essentially assigning credit to a domestic terror attack and being interviewed by police and FBI.

Well, that explains why one of my more leftist acquaintances was urging people on Facebook not to jump and assign blame to "MAGA terrorists" without evidence because "if" it turns out not to be the case the evil MAGA people will be able to point to this and use it as an example of leftist paranoia. So, I guess bonus points for her for not jumping on that bandwagon and urging people to wait until it's investigated, but it's telling that she felt the need to make that post in the first place. The leftist paranoia runs deep.

Last edited:

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    Agreed, money mustn't always be the answer, but money is very often an answer, perhaps the most universal answer we have as a society.

Securing the grid as a whole is a serious expense, if done at once.

If you believe there are no terrorists looking to plunge the USA into darkness at the moment (this argument is supported by the fact that it would be easy to do, and we're not in darkness, ergo no terrorists), and we therefore have time on our side, we could simply mandate that replacements are made with security measures. That would increase only the cost of replacements, and thus spread out the expense over many years, making it affordable.

The downside is that you won't have a secure grid for generations. Perhaps combine that with other solutions to bolster security in the interim?
    I could support added costs for new installations and if we need to replace one some gomer took out.

Yes, it would take generations, but would at least send the message that we are no longer open for funny business .

ETA Eat-in and let's do the same for municipal water systems .

justmax

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 28, 2019
    Kingwood
    For any of you that are better at deep research that I am, I have a mission should you choose to accept it.

Back in the mid 70's there was a short lived magazine called Omni. I read a piece that was written as a memo to the president on strange, seemingly unrelated events that turned out to be terroristic attacks. Substations were one of the targets.

I do not recall the nom de plume he used, but it was written by G. Gordon Liddy.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Irowland1994
    Top Bottom