Lynx Defense

MP Shield 380 2.0 EZ? Thoughts and opinions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shep128

High Speed Low Drag
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    While recently helping as an RSO with a LTC class, another RSO had recently purchased a SW MP Shield 380 2.0 EZ. I shot a magazine of 8 through it and liked the way it felt and handled. I know 380 has came along way as a defensive round but I’ve rarely messed with SW MP’s. I would like to know yalls thoughts on the weapon.?
    ARJ Defense ad

Attachments

• C8440E9E-1F85-4B6C-9CFD-70D0550C9DA8.png
      C8440E9E-1F85-4B6C-9CFD-70D0550C9DA8.png
      293.4 KB · Views: 338

unicom

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2016
    I really liked the one I had. I only sold it because I needed the money for some bills. I liked the easy to operate slide, the overall size of the gun, and how it shot. I will buy it again and this time I don’t plan on having to sale it. I had no issues with it. It ran all the ammo I put through it. I would feel comfortable using it as an edc with defensive rounds in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dancing Heretik

Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    The Walther PK380 is what I have for my carry gun (once I'm proficient enough and confident enough to carry). So, obviously I'm ok with 380.

I like the look and feel of the 380 EZ, but haven't shot it yet. However, since a used one came into the store, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I've been interested in 380 for a while. But, most 380's are direct blowback. At that point, you might as well get a 9mm (since they're mostly NOT direct blowback, so just as easy to shoot).

Last edited:

Whistler

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Wife didn't care for the grip safety, I thought it shot okay. We replaced it with a Walther PPQ which she likes much better.

There are many schools of thought on this forum and I'm sure someone will be along to disagree with me shortly but the best gun is the one you carry... and can shoot well. .380 is a perfectly acceptable SD caliber with proper placement and if that one rings your bell go for it.

It is easy to rack, the mag release was well placed, full mags seated easily. The sights could stand a little improvement but there's no lack of options on that front. Maybe a tad snappy watching Mrs Whistler but she tends to limp wrist a bit.

Overall a pretty popular choice and folks seem to like them from the feedback I've seen.

Shep128

High Speed Low Drag
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    Wife didn't care for the grip safety, I thought it shot okay. We replaced it with a Walther PPQ which she likes much better.

There are many schools of thought on this forum and I'm sure someone will be along to disagree with me shortly but the best gun is the one you carry... and can shoot well. .380 is a perfectly acceptable SD caliber with proper placement and if that one rings your bell go for it.

It is easy to rack, the mag release was well placed, full mags seated easily. The sights could stand a little improvement but there's no lack of options on that front. Maybe a tad snappy watching Mrs Whistler but she tends to limp wrist a bit.

Overall a pretty popular choice and folks seem to like them from the feedback I've seen.

Yea I liked it when I shot it. I think a 380 will be good SD. Simply due to the lack of over penetration. I was impressed with it and it felt great in my hands. The big thing I don’t like about it is, I’m unable to place a RMR on it due to the round indicator.

Shep128

High Speed Low Drag
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    The Walther PK380 is what I have for my carry gun (once I'm proficient enough and confident enough to carry). So, obviously I'm ok with 380.

I like the look and feel of the 380 EZ, but haven't shot it yet. However, since a used one came into the store, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I've been interested in 380 for a while. But, most 380's are direct blowback. At that point, you might as well get a 9mm (since they're mostly NOT direct blowback, so just as easy to shoot).

I’ll check out the Walther that peaked my interest.

just country

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, my Sig Sauer 380 copperhead is very nice.
    the 380 with the right ammo is very lethal. do not
    shoot to wound and get sued. shoot to kill.
    no law suit.
    justme gbot tum

studenygreg

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 7, 2015
    I got my GF one for Christmas. We both really like it. I'm not worried about it being .380acp since it's in a longer barrel. They key selling points for me besides the easiness of operation is that she liked it. She wanted a manual safety and she enjoys shooting it. She also likes my cz pcr at the range but it's too heavy and big for her to carry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Shep128

High Speed Low Drag
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    I got my GF one for Christmas. We both really like it. I'm not worried about it being .380acp since it's in a longer barrel. They key selling points for me besides the easiness of operation is that she liked it. She wanted a manual safety and she enjoys shooting it. She also likes my cz pcr at the range but it's too heavy and big for her to carry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Awesome! I’ll have to check out CZ. I like the p07 and p09.

SlimJim

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2019
    US
    Bought one for $299 and still haven't had time to shoot it. I like it for what it is. Hate .380? Get the 9mm now

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    I used to carry a "Sig" (230 I think) many years ago as a concealed weapon (under-cover) and it was the only .380 our department approved. I've never been a fan of .380 because (at least then) it was only viable at very close distance for proper penetration (modern ballistics may have improved this, don't know).
    I have a serious question though, is the Shield .380 really much smaller in overall size than the Shield 9mm? I've owned 3 Shield 9mm's and a .45 model, so I do like the model, I've just never held the EZ .380 model. If there's not a real tangible difference in the size, I'd prefer the 9mm.
    The CZ PCR is a wonderful "carry gun", not much larger in dimensions but it is a little thicker (being a "double-stack). I have the CZ P09, 07, and PCR, and while I like them all the "PCR" feel/shoots best in my hand.

Shep128

High Speed Low Drag
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    I used to carry a "Sig" (230 I think) many years ago as a concealed weapon (under-cover) and it was the only .380 our department approved. I've never been a fan of .380 because (at least then) it was only viable at very close distance for proper penetration (modern ballistics may have improved this, don't know).
    I have a serious question though, is the Shield .380 really much smaller in overall size than the Shield 9mm? I've owned 3 Shield 9mm's and a .45 model, so I do like the model, I've just never held the EZ .380 model. If there's not a real tangible difference in the size, I'd prefer the 9mm.
    The CZ PCR is a wonderful "carry gun", not much larger in dimensions but it is a little thicker (being a "double-stack). I have the CZ P09, 07, and PCR, and while I like them all the "PCR" feel/shoots best in my hand.
    I’d hate to say on the size comparison cause I’ve never held a shield 9. It’s comparable to the brownings black label 1911 380, if that helps.

Attachments

• CF84B74D-F910-46B1-A120-BD8EA773B493.jpeg
      CF84B74D-F910-46B1-A120-BD8EA773B493.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 373

popo22

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2009
    Shep128, Thanks for the reply but I'm not really familiar with that model. If it similar with an "Officer size .45" then yes I am familiar with those. I carried a "Full size" 1911 in .45 for about 20 years "on-duty" I still love the 1911 but departmental mandates forced everyone to carry the approved department plastic gun's at some point.

Shep128

High Speed Low Drag
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    Shep128, Thanks for the reply but I'm not really familiar with that model. If it similar with an "Officer size .45" then yes I am familiar with those. I carried a "Full size" 1911 in .45 for about 20 years "on-duty" I still love the 1911 but departmental mandates forced everyone to carry the approved department plastic gun's at some point.
    It’s mentioned as a “mini 1911” not compact but scaled down version of a normal 1911

HKShooter65

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    The 380 EZ is hammer fire, not striker. It's just not an exposed hammer.

You are correct.
    And thanks for the correction.

I suppose I equate internal-hammer guns to be the moral equivalent to striker fired guns.

Functionally I like the ability to carry chambered and hammer down.
    I'm still partial to Beretta 92s and HK USPs and their ilk.

just my .02

Top Bottom