Join TexasGunTalk

MP Shield 380 2.0 EZ? Thoughts and opinions!

Discussion in 'Handguns' started by Shep128, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Shep128

Shep128 High Speed Low Drag TGT Supporter

Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    While recently helping as an RSO with a LTC class, another RSO had recently purchased a SW MP Shield 380 2.0 EZ. I shot a magazine of 8 through it and liked the way it felt and handled. I know 380 has came along way as a defensive round but I’ve rarely messed with SW MP’s. I would like to know yalls thoughts on the weapon.?

Attached Files:

2. unicom

unicom Active Member

May 19, 2016
    I really liked the one I had. I only sold it because I needed the money for some bills. I liked the easy to operate slide, the overall size of the gun, and how it shot. I will buy it again and this time I don’t plan on having to sale it. I had no issues with it. It ran all the ammo I put through it. I would feel comfortable using it as an edc with defensive rounds in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shep128 likes this.
  3. Dancing Heretik

Dancing Heretik Active Member

Aug 8, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    The Walther PK380 is what I have for my carry gun (once I'm proficient enough and confident enough to carry). So, obviously I'm ok with 380.

I like the look and feel of the 380 EZ, but haven't shot it yet. However, since a used one came into the store, I guess I'll find out soon enough.

I've been interested in 380 for a while. But, most 380's are direct blowback. At that point, you might as well get a 9mm (since they're mostly NOT direct blowback, so just as easy to shoot).

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Shep128 likes this.
  4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known TGT Supporter

Jan 28, 2014
    Northeast Texas
    Wife didn't care for the grip safety, I thought it shot okay. We replaced it with a Walther PPQ which she likes much better.

There are many schools of thought on this forum and I'm sure someone will be along to disagree with me shortly but the best gun is the one you carry... and can shoot well. .380 is a perfectly acceptable SD caliber with proper placement and if that one rings your bell go for it.

It is easy to rack, the mag release was well placed, full mags seated easily. The sights could stand a little improvement but there's no lack of options on that front. Maybe a tad snappy watching Mrs Whistler but she tends to limp wrist a bit.

Overall a pretty popular choice and folks seem to like them from the feedback I've seen.

Shep128 and Dancing Heretik like this.
  5. BillFairbanks

BillFairbanks Well-Known

May 8, 2017
    Johnson County, TX
    My wife likes hers. She has RA so this is the only gun she can easily rack the slide.

I like the way it shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Shep128

Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    Yea I liked it when I shot it. I think a 380 will be good SD. Simply due to the lack of over penetration. I was impressed with it and it felt great in my hands. The big thing I don’t like about it is, I’m unable to place a RMR on it due to the round indicator.

Dancing Heretik and Whistler like this.
  7. Shep128

Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    I’ll check out the Walther that peaked my interest.

8. just country

just country Active Member

Dec 9, 2019
    Texas
    morning, my Sig Sauer 380 copperhead is very nice.
    the 380 with the right ammo is very lethal. do not
    shoot to wound and get sued. shoot to kill.
    no law suit.
    justme gbot tum

Shep128 likes this.
  9. studenygreg

studenygreg Active Member

Oct 7, 2015
    I got my GF one for Christmas. We both really like it. I'm not worried about it being .380acp since it's in a longer barrel. They key selling points for me besides the easiness of operation is that she liked it. She wanted a manual safety and she enjoys shooting it. She also likes my cz pcr at the range but it's too heavy and big for her to carry.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Whistler and Shep128 like this.
  10. Shep128

Feb 16, 2020
    Bonham TX
    Awesome! I’ll have to check out CZ. I like the p07 and p09.

just country likes this.