Moving to San Antonio Soon - Can anybody recommend a rifle club near SA?

oRAirwolf

Oct 21, 2020
Denver, CO
I am moving to San Antonio in the next couple of months and will be living in Northeast San Antonio. I am currently a member of Colorado Rifle Club that is basically a 2600 acre private shooting facility where you pay your yearly dues ($65 + $100 work bond) and they give you the combination to the locked gate. There are no RSO's and it has shotgun, pistol, rimfire, high power, and a 500 meter steel range. I absolutely love going there because it is usually not crowded, I can bring friends for free, and can spend all day there doing what I want (or hook up an RV and stay there overnight).

Is there anything like this around San Antonio? I have found outdoor gun ranges, but they are all pay-per-visit type places and I am looking for something with a yearly membership and is a club, rather than a business. If this does not exist in the SA area, is there a gun range in the area that has similar facilities? I usually spend most of my time when I am at Colorado Rifle Club at the 500m steel silhouette range or one of the pistol bays, which is where you are surrounded by dirt berms on 3 sides and just shoot whatever you want however you want as long as you are doing it safely. Ideally, I would like to shoot somewhere around SA that would offer those two abilities, if possible.

Thanks in advance and I hope to meet some of you when I move there.

Bozz10mm

TGT Addict
TGT Supporter
Oct 5, 2013
Georgetown
Reveille Park Range has the long range facilities you are looking for. There is an annual membership fee option of $500 for all you can shoot. Travel distance may be a problem tho, it is about 120 miles from downtown SA. Located near Burnet, Tx.

IMPD2079

Apr 6, 2014
New Braunfels, Texas
Dietz gun club in New Braunfels Texas about 30 minutes from San Antonio has a yearly membership and has a rifle range on part of it and a pistol range on the other part

Sponsors

Greeneye Tactical
Texas Gun Forum Ad
silencers
third coast
Ranier
Tyrant Designs
DK Firearms

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members