Target Sports

Moving to Salado Texas and need help moving a safe.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    What is the best company to move a decent size safe near Salado?
    When you say 'decent size safe', what exactly does that mean? What's the weight and dimensions? Most moving companies will handle a typical home use safe, as long as it's empty. Depending on the layout, a sub 1/2-ton safe is relatively easy. If it's a commercial type safe and will require rigging or similar to remove and install, that's a different story. You would want to check companies that deal in heavy equipment relocation, such as DFW Movers.

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

JRK15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2023
    Salado
    Thank you for the response. I guess I was pretty vague. It’s approx. 72.5” x42”x28” and weighs around 1,100lbs. It’ll be on my moving truck and would need them to unload it and secure it down once inside the house.

A.Texas.Yankee

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    NTX
    Thank you for the response. I guess I was pretty vague. It’s approx. 72.5” x42”x28” and weighs around 1,100lbs. It’ll be on my moving truck and would need them to unload it and secure it down once inside the house.
    That's a pretty common safe size for movers, but they won't secure it. Reach out to DFW Mover & Erectors. I have moved heavy machinery through them without issues. They deal in equipment 100 times that weight, so 1100 lbs should be a cakewalk if they're interested. It's NOT cheap!

Sent from my SM-S918U using Tapatalk

MountainGirl

Happy to be here!
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 22, 2022
    Ten Oaks
    Be sure and tell them if there are stairs involved. Most safes are on ground level, but dont let them just assume that. Which movers are you using from WA ?

Last edited:

innominate

Asian Cajun
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Austin
    Our movers would not move my 900lb safe. I've used Cothron's safe & lock. Not sure if they go all the way up to Salado.

BeatTheTunaUp

Fux with the best, Die like the rest
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 17, 2012
    Temple TX
    Egyptian method and some new buddies or hired help from Craigslist. I used a flatbed and two friends to move a 2300lb safe. You can borrow my 1/2 inch hammer drill to secure it into concrete. All pretty easy stuff

JRK15

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2023
    Salado
    I’m thinking I may just rent a forklift and/or pallet Jack when I get there. Thank you all for the responses. I’m glad I joined the forum.

Top Bottom