• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    Damn, got orders to move out of Texas. Next stop - Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

Started out in Texas in 1990 (USAF Basic Training/AIT), got back in 2003 (1CAV), then again in 2006 (1CAV) - now it is on to school in KS.

Well. My bucket list is set to buy a G23 and G36 before I leave this humble state. Wanted a Kimber but the deal fell through. Buying some ammo, mags, and some other goodies from GT before I leave.

Does anyone know of a forum like TGT up in Kansas/Missouri? I have looked and can only find Midwest Gun Trader. I will get a Kansas DL so I can purchase up there (even though I think I can buy with copies of my orders and military ID). Love this forum and the guidance, comments, mentorship, jokes, and sales of the members. Also going to apply for a KS CHL once I get on ground.

Leaving in a couple weeks...hope to be back in a few years!! Thanks in advance guys!
    Venture Surplus ad

dk250x

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Georgetown
    I grew up very close to that area. You might check out KCSR.org. It started out as a racing site for the Kansas City area, mostly geared towards younger and dumber days of racing in industrial sections. There is a small section of that forum dedicated to guns, I would however avoid the rest of the forums, as they are full of bullshit.

The KS CHL is pretty easy to obtain, you may double check the laws, but you have to have lived in the state a certain amount of time before applying. On top of that you may need to take a class, I was not military so it was necessary for me, it may not be for you. Then it is fingerprints at the county sheriff's office that you reside in. I am assuming you will reside in Leavenworth County.

If you have any questions about where to stay, what area's to avoid, where to get some amazing Kansas City BBQ, shoot me a pm and I will be happy to let you know.

Dcav

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 31, 2009
    Converse
    My brother and SIL are at Fort Riley, good hunting up that way. Similar gun laws as Texas.

MR Redneck

TGT Addict
    BANNED!!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    The great country of West Texas
    Go to Opencarry.org, they have a Kansas link and i'll bet those guy's could tell you of any good forums.
    Good luck with your move and I hope everything works out well.
    Here's some info for ya, http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/kansas.pdf
    Also, Kansas is a Open Carry State. No license required, but they may have ordinances by municipalities because they dont have Preemption of firearms law.

majormadmax

Úlfhéðnar
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 27, 2009
    Helotes!
    Count your lucky stars that you're going to a gun-friendly state! About half of my career was spent overseas in countries where gun-ownership and possession were strictly limited, especially for foreigners! It wasn't until I retired here that I started seriously collecting!

And I'm curious, did you do an inter-service transfer? I see where you want through USAF Basic (about nine years after I did), but you're Army now? The rest of your assignments seem to indicate that (1st Cav), unless you're one of those lucky Combat Controllers who get paid by Big Blue for playing Army!

Cheers! M2

streakpi

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Fort Bragg, NC
    I am a regular Army dude who started in the USAF. Got bored with that, got out, went to college, joined Army.

Kansas is going to be great. I appreciate Mr Rednecks attachment...made good reading!!!

Wolfwood

Self Appointed Board Chauvinist
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    heheh jsut as long as you go to leavenworth for the right reasons you should be fine ;)

Top Bottom