• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • country_boy

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Round Rock
    I have a combat knife w/ sheath and was wondering how to attach it to my leg without it twisting and turning? Ive seen a lot of military shows/movies and theirs stay put. I have parachute cord. Will that work? This is just on the farm. I know its not legal in public.
    Lynx Defense

swsmailman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    East Texas
    My Gerber Prodigy Knife has pretty much the essence of backpack strapping with a clip, was able to strap it to my leg and it stays really well, might look into that and the paracord would work if you braided it and made it wider.

Buckles

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Cypress, TX
    I have a combat knife w/ sheath and was wondering how to attach it to my leg without it twisting and turning? Ive seen a lot of military shows/movies and theirs stay put. I have parachute cord. Will that work? This is just on the farm. I know its not legal in public.

it is legal in "public" as long as the knife is of the legal requirements. blade 5.5" or under, not a bowie, etc...

there are several companies that make drop sheaths for knives. they usually are made just like one for a gun.

TimberWolf7.62

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Houston
    In my wild and misspent youth, I used to carry a Gerber Mark II http://knives.cx/store/images/Gerber22-01874markII.1.jpg strapped to my leg inside my boot. (Yes, I know that's illegal. So were the brass knuckles behind my wallet.) I used innertube bands, basically a cut piece of innertube that acts like a big rubber band. You can get them in any size, from bicycle tires to motorcycle tires to full-sized truck tires, whatever you need.

As an additional note, expect to lose the hair on your leg where the sheath rubs. Even after I stopped carrying it, it took years for the hair to grow back on the lower part of that leg.

TheDan

deplorable malcontent scofflaw
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Austin - Rockdale
    It helps if the sheath fits snugly on your belt. Is it leather or nylon? Stitch the belt loop so it's nearly too small the slip onto your belt. Then tie the cord to the bottom of the sheath and around your leg (not too tight, tho). Also, if you can use a strap instead of the cord it'll work better. The wider the strap the less it'll move around on you.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Coriolis308
    Top Bottom