• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    [QUOTE="Axxe55, post: 2669133, member: 37133" I haven't totally cut out some foods, just that I'm not eating them in the same quantities as I have in the past.[/QUOTE]

This statement is a big one. I've made small changes. Like oatmeal, i love it. I just don't eat the 3x slices of toast on the side with it any more.

Spaghetti, i love it. Made it last night and doubled the meat and crushed tomatoes, making the noodles a much smaller percentage of the meal..... And i decided one helping was enough.

As i posted above, I've been tracking my macros. I have noticed the days when I fill up on carbs i am hungry and crave. The days when I meet my fat and protein goals i am very content.

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk
    Guns International

mad88minute

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 13, 2017
    Houston
    This whole thread is great and inspirational.

I have one observation. IME, this...

...and this...

...are strongly correlated.

There's a particular beef and bean burrito commonly available at gas stations that I love. It's pretty much the definition of "ultra processed" but I still love it.

I don't eat them anymore, though.

I can consume mass quantities of sugar if I'm in a stupid mood. Everybody falls off the wagon from time to time and I won't feel bad about that. After all, even if I go to HEB, buy a whole birthday cake, and wolf it down along with a pint of ice cream, my blood sugar will fall back to a high-normal range in ~4 hours.

But those burritos? If I have one, my blood sugar spikes horrifically high, comes down very slow (I mean, it takes 8 to 12 hours to get back to merely "too high".), and then stays elevated for two days, minimum. My fasting blood glucose level typically stays at least 20% higher than normal for 3 or 4 days.

The devil is in those burritos. I advise everyone to stay far, far away.

Thanks for the short list of great principles, vmax.
    Very interesting. I recently saw a video on YouTube where a fitness guy explained he wears a constant glucose monitor just to see how certain foods affect him.

I wonder what is in those burritos that would do that?!

Sent from my moto g power (2022) using Tapatalk

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    I recently saw a video on YouTube where a fitness guy explained he wears a constant glucose monitor just to see how certain foods affect him.

I wonder what is in those burritos that would do that?!
    I wish I knew what was in them that had the bad impact, too. The ingredients list on the side reads like a chemistry experiment.

In any event, I know that if I hadn't started wearing a constant glucose monitor, I would have never realized just how terrible they were for me.

Every Day Man
    Tyrant

Support

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LandenR
    Top Bottom