• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    Even 240 gr factory loads were comfortable to shoot with my 7.5” Ruger Redhawk Hunter I used to have.

Had a pachmayr decelerator that I swapped back to factory wood for and even then it wasn’t too bad, but 44 specials were something else entirely. Very fun to shoot.

My Taurus Tracker, has the 4" ported barrel, Hogue MonoGrips and shoots pretty tame, even with Magnum loads. 4" S&W has bit more girth, but even still shoots tame with the same loads.
    Military Camp

Jakashh

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 30, 2010
    Sugar Land
    My Taurus Tracker, has the 4" ported barrel, Hogue MonoGrips and shoots pretty tame, even with Magnum loads. 4" S&W has bit more girth, but even still shoots tame with the same loads.

Nice. I have an 8 3/8” 29 now but that one actually is a pain to shoot with the same loads that would feel tame in my redhawk.

Nexus

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2021
    Houston, TX
    Gonna get some hate my way... But I would say Gen 5 Glocks. Not saying they are bad guns, but with almost 4 decades of use without even a thought about another design??? I can appreciate the longevity of the design.... But Glock needs to leave their comfort area if they want to continue to push the industry forward for another 40 years. I would love to see another pistol design with major differences in operating systems instead of yet another repackage in another caliber or length of grip or slide. Where is that mythical Glock rifle everyone has been begging for???!

no2gates

These are not the droids you're looking for.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    I'd have to say Glocks. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them, they're not bad. I've got 3 of them. It's just not my "damn-this-just-became-an-extension-of-my-hand-and-I-don't-want-to-put-it-down" gun.
    I have a Canik TP9 I prefer much more than a Glock and it was less than half the price.

Darkpriest667

Actually Attends
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 13, 2017
    Jarrell TX, United States
    I'd have to say Glocks. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate them, they're not bad. I've got 3 of them. It's just not my "damn-this-just-became-an-extension-of-my-hand-and-I-don't-want-to-put-it-down" gun.
    I have a Canik TP9 I prefer much more than a Glock and it was less than half the price.

Don't get me started on how much better Caniks are than Glocks or any other striker fired pistol.

Glocks are fine, but they cost too much for what you get.

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Don't get me started on how much better Caniks are than Glocks or any other striker fired pistol.

Glocks are fine, but they cost too much for what you get.
    I've only got one pistol that I can shoot more accurately than the Canik TP9 I have. That's my P320 X5 Legion. It was also 4 times I paid for the Canik

benenglish

Just Another Boomer
    Staff member
    Lifetime Member
    Admin
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Spring
    Most overrated handgun? Thompson/Center Contender, by a country mile.
    I should have mentioned two guns. Close behind the T/C is the S&W M29. Feed it a steady diet of full-power 240 gr loads and it'll eventually be spitting lead so bad it's a danger to the people on either side of you.

Back in the 1980s there was a major silhouette shooter from New Mexico who had three: one to compete, one spare, and one always at S&W being rebuilt.

billtool

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 16, 2008
    The Wooldlands
    I should have mentioned two guns. Close behind the T/C is the S&W M29. Feed it a steady diet of full-power 240 gr loads and it'll eventually be spitting lead so bad it's a danger to the people on either side of you.

Back in the 1980s there was a major silhouette shooter from New Mexico who had three: one to compete, one spare, and one always at S&W being rebuilt.
    But, Dang it. They look so badass!

KJQ6945

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2020
    Ben Wheeler
    I’m gonna burn in hell for this, but the most overrated handgun, bar none, is the 1911.

JMB was a god! I love most everything he did, and I have owned, or own, numerous weapons that he designed, from the era when he was alive.

The 1911 has turned into a mythical creature that JMB himself could never envision. It’s a very cool gun, and I like them. I’ve owned a few, and it was probably the first handgun I ever shot. It’s just not the end all, be all that so many portray it to be. I’ve never understood the hype.

A 1911 can be made to be a superior weapon, if you have enough cash. But, if you drop $5K on a Taurus you’d have a bad ass gun too, I guess. I don’t know who would buy it

Fact is, most craptastic handguns will shoot better than their owners are capable of, or most 1911’s.

but, but, competitive shooters use the 1911, and win. And they shoot guns that cost $10K. A $500 dollar 1911 will never beat a $500 dollar, (fill in the blank)

Thats pretty much the definition of overrated.

lightflyer1

Well-Known
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 2, 2015

Where are you buying your Glocks? I have never spent more than $500 on any that I own (5). If you bought them during the great Covid19 shortage then all bets are off. $358 for some Blue label guns and $458 for others without BL right now on gun.deals.You got the Canik for $250?

no2gates

Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 31, 2013
    Grand Prairie, TX
    Where are you buying your Glocks? I have never spent more than $500 on any that I own (5). If you bought them during the great Covid19 shortage then all bets are off. $358 for some Blue label guns and $458 for others without BL right now on gun.deals.You got the Canik for $250?
    I paid $549 for my Glock 19 Gen 5. I paid $269 for my Canik TP9

A1Oni

Well-Known
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 8, 2021
    Tejas
    glock
    springfield ecks dee
    anything made by taurus
    .410 gauge revolvers
    colt