• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bbbass

Looking Up!!
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 2, 2020
    NE Orygun
    One of the shops I managed many years ago, we did part of the restoration of the body and paint on a 1960 Corvette. That was a sweet looking car! It had been repainted many, many times during it's life. The new owner wanted it back to the original red and white paint job. We spent about six months stripping it back to the fiberglass, primer, blocking, sanding and painting it. Every bit of chrome was replaced with brand new, except for the bumpers which we sent out to be rechromed.

I built large VW engines...

But hey, my old bozz says he built "racing" VW engines. So there's that...
    Guns International

Moonpie

Omnipotent Potentate for hire.
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 4, 2013
    Gunz are icky.
    pullman.jpg

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    What a great thread. I’ll have to go thru it in a bit when I have some down time

Here’s my contribution...an editor at Car and Driver once mused that God drives a blown Nomad. He might be right...

ca1cdcf2444e699daf09a96989c4aa03.jpg

Bigfoot is a total icon
    These guys restored the motor in one of the originals, there’s a few vids in the series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Lost in East Texas Elhart Texas
    What a great thread. I’ll have to go thru it in a bit when I have some down time

Here’s my contribution...an editor at Car and Driver once mused that God drives a blown Nomad. He might be right...

ca1cdcf2444e699daf09a96989c4aa03.jpg

Bigfoot is a total icon
    These guys restored the motor in one of the originals, there’s a few vids in the series.

The Chevrolet Nomad is an icon for sure. What's not cool about a 2 door station wagon!

Bigfoot pretty much was the start of the monster truck movement in motorsports and the leader for many years and still going strong. Bob Chandler took 4x4 trucks to an entirely different level. He pioneered many advancements in monster trucks.

One might even say Bob Chandler and Bigfoot are most assuredly iconic!

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

I used to work for this guy, the “Godfather of the GTO”. It was my first real job, first real interview, and I was still in college but I got hired

We got to drive around in some cars in his collection...he had a lot of cars, this article features a part of it:

My buddy’s dad had a successful career in marketing, and he got his start driving one of these waaaay back in the day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Holy moly!!! ... I just looked it up and the 327 Corvette had 250hp (our good friend Joyce has one in her vintage Camaro. She ordered it that way. Not many were built like that.), and the 427 has 400hp!!!!!!! :usflag:

And the current 378 in3 in the Camaro has 427 horses.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    The Superbird with the hemi would do 200 mph stock if racing tires were put on to replace the stock tires.

I read that they weren't very popular when they came out and many just sat on the lot. If only people knew at the time what they would be worth later. Sure wish I had kept all of the cars I had, I really miss my 68 Nova.

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas

pronstar

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 2, 2017
    Dallas
    BMW M1.
    One of my favorite Supercars from that era...and assembled by Lamborghini.

0c9731c4d757ada3bd018b0e708369b2.jpg

It’s engine - basically a de-tuned racing engine - found its way into another iconic car, the E28 BMW M5. One of the first super sedans.

c5e5fe731973aba23cf27c1660c1fb0c.jpg

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    I read that they weren't very popular when they came out and many just sat on the lot. If only people knew at the time what they would be worth later. Sure wish I had kept all of the cars I had, I really miss my 68 Nova.

They were made for the sole purpose so they could raced in NASCAR. One of the rules was, the car had to be a production model available to the general public, and they had to make so many to be legal for use in NASCAR.

Ford did the same thing in 1969 and 1970 with the Boss 429 engines, offered in the Mustang, so they could sue that engine in NASCAR.

RedArmy

Well-Known
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2017
    Watauga
    How about some more sound tracks?

Porsche 917K

Ferrari GTO 250 (My dream car.)

Lola T-70 Small block Chevy powered.

Brutal Audi E-Tron Diesel Electric LMP1

Last edited:

Axxe55

Retiretgtshit stirrer
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2019
    Not everyone’s cup of tea, but the Gypsy Rose lowrider was iconic to the community. Hope some of y’all can appreciate it for what it was.

766762f9642a24ee4c29708a4155b816.jpg

Interesting read on its iconic status here:

I love lowriders too, the paintwork they put into those machines is just artwork.

Lowriders aren't my thing either, but yes, some have the most beautiful paint jobs ever. Some are just rolling artwork on four wheels.

Top Bottom