• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pewter99ta

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Texas
    I picked one of these up a Cheaper Than Dirt Guns in McKinney and can't wait to shoot it. I figured at under $250 the price was right and for something the kids will think looks "cool" and we can all enjoy shooting. Anyone have any experience with one of these? Wondering if there's any ammo I should avoid or anything like that. Thanks in advance.

tallyman

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2011
    Colorado
    Have read on other forums that this rifle has a tendency to jam because of rough spots on the bolt. Suggest you try several brands of ammo - each rifle has its own peculiarities and will prefer one brand of ammo over another. If you do have jamming problems, remove the bolt and examine it for shiny spots which are indicators of rubbing. Us a honing stone to smooth out the spots and keep trying until the action cycles normally.

zembonez

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2008
    Republic of Texas
    Let us know how you like this after a few hundred rounds. I'd like to know how well it works out... plus that's the kind of info that makes this forum better.

I assume you are talking about one of these?

Tactical-22.jpg

tx787

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Austin
    let us know how it works, all I can say is my brother and I both have S&W 15-22s and they rock. there are a few lines of "specialty" bulk pack 22LR for tacticool 22's like Federal Auto Match that may be worth trying. The S&W will feed cheapo bulk federal without issue. I suggest getting 200 CCI mini mags to break it in, they are usually the ammo that will make any 22 work (even the Walther P22).

Top Bottom