• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DefenderTac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Denton, Texas
    If you have a legacy 500/Mav 88/590 Mossberg, you can use our new Universal Cartridge Adapter to give it 590S capability!

ARJ Defense ad

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    My 590A1 is on the way back to Mossberg to fix failure to extract from magazine and bind during action cycle. Gun is 1 mo old with approx 200 rounds shot. So far I am not impressed with Mossberg.
    My Mossberg 500 is 40 years old with over 15,000 rounds through it. Never a problem and has only been disassembled to clean once.

jetz92

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2022
    Forney
    I would pay for the standard model (non S) and buy an adapter. Mainly because I think the giant white 590S logo looks a little tacky and aftermarket mini shell adapters are a little more robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DefenderTac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Denton, Texas
    I would pay for the standard model (non S) and buy an adapter. Mainly because I think the giant white 590S logo looks a little tacky and aftermarket mini shell adapters are a little more robust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We are right there with you. The extra $100-$150 for a 590S a little absurd to us, considering the changes they made. Our adapter can actually be installed into the 590S and act as a more reliable cartridge arrester, instead of the rubber block that comes installed.

DefenderTac

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2022
    Denton, Texas
    Just ordered one. Thanks!

Now, where can I find the short shells? :roflsmile:
    They’re a little hard to find right now, we’re always checking Academy online and order them whenever we see them come in stock. Seem to be able to pick up enough boxes to last until the next time we see em! Hoping as they become compatible in more platforms, more manufacturers will pick them up and they won’t be so uncommon.

Last edited:

ZX9RCAM

Over the Rainbow bridge...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    The Woodlands, Tx.
    Great, packing your order now! They’re a little hard to find right now, we’re always checking Academy online and order them whenever we see them come in stock. Seem to be able to pick up enough boxes to last until the next time we see em! Hoping as they become compatible in more platforms, more manufacturers will pick them up and they won’t be so uncommon.

What is the relevance of Academy having them in stock?

PDiddy

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2022
    South of I10
    Great, packing your order now! They’re a little hard to find right now, we’re always checking Academy online and order them whenever we see them come in stock. Seem to be able to pick up enough boxes to last until the next time we see em! Hoping as they become compatible in more platforms, more manufacturers will pick them up and they won’t be so uncommon.
    I found them on ammoseek but the shipping was more than the shells unless I buy in major bulk.

Tex929rr

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 11, 2015
    Welfare, TX
    My Mossberg 500 is 40 years old with over 15,000 rounds through it. Never a problem and has only been disassembled to clean once.
    I bought a model 500 in 1984 (like in the pic) and it was my only shotgun until around 2005. Sold it to a neighbor when I bought a 930 a few years back, and neither of us ever had an issue with it. None with the 930, either. I also have a 20 gauge defender (snake gun I keep in my shop) and it’s also been trouble free.
    54A73AB6-CBAC-4AD8-AD56-DBEB659E4638.jpeg

Top Bottom