• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Really digging the weather we've had for the last month. Its got the fish moving. Most bass locally are either spawning right now, or have finished up their spawn. Panfish are schooling up and getting ready to spawn. Here's a few catches of late...

uHf03PR.jpg

2uTb3xb.jpg

Nq0V5hv.jpg

bGOjjCr.jpg

My wifey with her first bass on her new Lews spinning combo

Nyag3RL.jpg

pnYsBt8.jpg
    Venture Surplus ad

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    I picked up a new fly rod specifically for hunting bass with a couple weeks ago, which you can see in the bottom pic. It's BassPro's house brand - White River Fly Shop - it's a 7'10" tournament legal rod. I've been on the hunt for a replacement for a similar rod that was stolen from me a few years ago (a discontinued TFO model) and so far I'm really impressed with how well this rod casts and fishes. Its got a lot of back bone for pulling in the larger fish, and its got the poop to throw big flies 70+ feet when I don't fuckup the cast.

oldag

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 19, 2015
    Nice bass.

Great eating.

Haven't been fishing in years. Maybe if work ever eases up.

karlac

Lately too damn busy to have Gone fishin' ...
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    Not many bass being caught up here in Lake Hamilton in AR.
    Not for lack of trying, but the water temps are still in the mid 50's.
    Sold my 16' Bass Tracker PF and still getting used to fishing out of an ocean liner ... ;)

PontoonFishing.JPG

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Not many bass being caught up here in Lake Hamilton in AR.
    Not for lack of trying, but the water temps are still in the mid 50's.
    Sold my 16' Bass Tracker PF and still getting used to fishing out of an ocean liner ... ;)

View attachment 249699

That's the kind of barge my dad wants. He's more of the "bring the entire family" when we go someplace. I'm more of the "sometimes I want solitidue" and that 16 foot Tracker would be more my speed!

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    I picked up a new fly rod specifically for hunting bass with a couple weeks ago, which you can see in the bottom pic. It's BassPro's house brand - White River Fly Shop - it's a 7'10" tournament legal rod. I've been on the hunt for a replacement for a similar rod that was stolen from me a few years ago (a discontinued TFO model) and so far I'm really impressed with how well this rod casts and fishes. Its got a lot of back bone for pulling in the larger fish, and its got the poop to throw big flies 70+ feet when I don't fuckup the cast.

Raised fishing for bass in ranch stock tanks; then learned to fly fish for bass as a kid after reading an article in "Boy's Life" magazine, mostly using popping bugs.

Trout fished, with fly's in New Mexico mountain streams on a camping trip once, what a hoot!

karlac

TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Houston & Hot Springs
    That's the kind of barge my dad wants. He's more of the "bring the entire family" when we go someplace. I'm more of the "sometimes I want solitidue" and that 16 foot Tracker would be more my speed!

Mine too, I miss it, but practicality, a wife, a one 1 slip dock, (and old age), won that battle.
    Still lust after a 21' Triton ...

But fishing, in solitude on a beautiful morning on a lake in that boat was tops ...

IMG_6857.JPG

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Mine too, I miss it, but practicality, a wife, a one 1 slip dock, (and old age), won that battle.
    Still lust after a 21' Triton ...

Oh yeah. The guys at Bass Pro have probably had to wipe some excess drool off some of the bigger boats on the showroom floor. A big 21 foot glass boat is on my want list

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I'm not a fan of the taste of largemouth. They're fun to catch & release, but for freshwater eatin' I like crappies, catfish, and bluegill. Prefer saltwater fish for food usually.
    Soak your filets in HEAVY brine overnight. You will be surprised at the taste and texture. Even makes catfish flaky. Learned this from my mother. The science is that blood and other bodily fluids and things will dissolve in saltwater but not fresh water, hence the improved taste and texture. I quit bass fishing cause the econuts want you to throw them back. Saltwater exclusively now.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    BTW nice of you to reveal where you caught some of your fish. The guys I used to tournament fish against usually just replied "in the lips" when asked where they caught 'em.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    BTW nice of you to reveal where you caught some of your fish. The guys I used to tournament fish against usually just replied "in the lips" when asked where they caught 'em.

I don't mind sharing large public water bodies - because everyone else already knows about 'em. I won't name the small ponds or private waters - those are "if you know, you know" and on private waters "if you have permission / are a resident, you already know" deals. If its public river / lake stuff, I don't mind.

Dad & I fished Lake Conroe for the first time together last week, at a spot his neighbor told us about. Neighbor said "everyone knows it" - and he was right. Friday morning there must've been a dozen boats in one small back water.

cygunner

Devil's Den - Gettysburg
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2021
    Cypress, TX
    I don't mind sharing large public water bodies - because everyone else already knows about 'em. I won't name the small ponds or private waters - those are "if you know, you know" and on private waters "if you have permission / are a resident, you already know" deals. If its public river / lake stuff, I don't mind.

Dad & I fished Lake Conroe for the first time together last week, at a spot his neighbor told us about. Neighbor said "everyone knows it" - and he was right. Friday morning there must've been a dozen boats in one small back water.
    Fished and tournamented on Kentucky Lake in Tennessee for several years and the answer there was always "in the lips". Incidentally, that's a helluva fishing hole. If you ever get the chance, go.

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

I started a YouTube channel at the behest of some friends and close family. I've resisted because frankly, I hate how my voice sounds. I hear it different on recorded audio than it sounds in my head, and I don't like it. I'd rather usually be behind the camera in a silent manner, but I gotta admit that I'm enjoying the process of learning more about photo and video editing. And being a "content creator" I "have" to go fishing and film it, to have content to work with and upload - so its a win there.

I've got a few videos up now. Focus will be primarily on bass fishing, but there will probably be more as I ease into other fishes, like catfish, saltwater fishes, gar...

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Couple fish from today

This girl ate a 4 inch black swim bait style fly (craft fur Game Changer)

SQuNCnK.jpg

This little guy ate a 5 inch wacky rigged Stick-O

86qcxR9.jpg

This one ate a Whopper Plopper 75

SBXSbYs.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia

Dad occasionally gets a fish himself - the other night we had a family dinner at our house, then hit up a neighborhood pond afterward. The day prior, we'd fished a public pond over near his place, and I put a whoopin on him. He caught two dinkers in the last 20 mintues of a 2 hour trip. I caught about 20 dinkers, and 3 nice fish. So after dinner, within five minutes, he gets himself a chunky lil' guy off the dock I showed him.

ASmE90V.jpg

Here's a few of the fish from that day prior...

bk5Vk5w.jpg

QGNu2Ol.jpg

Vg23UXl.jpg

I caught all my fish on a single fly that day - an EP Minnow I tied up that morning just to try out some new fly tying materials I picked up.

EAkEYEV.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Wifey & I hit our local neighborhood lakes up after the rain stopped last Friday, I wanted to see if the fish were up shallow - spoiler - they were. I caught fish on the flooded lawn of the park. It was THE best day of fishing for quality bass I've had, ever.

Wifey hooked into four pigs herself, but they all threw the hook after jumping, or straight up broke her off. We at least got to see all her fish. The biggest looked like it was well over 6lb, it was way bigger than the biggest fish I'd landed.

Some highlights...

nDTTedt.jpg

fIIOHFF.jpg

OlQmA1g.jpg

Nm5xc3O.jpg

iH5B4WG.jpg

D3QmfbI.jpg

My poor wifey only landed one dinker out of all the fish she hooked up with.

Tvm8qvQ.jpg

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    My dad came over on Monday to help me try to get a tractor running. Had to throw the battery on the charger when it got weak, so we went up and threw a line for an hour. I got a couple bites, and landed one fish. I'll take it tho...

s3S6IWL.jpg

Top Bottom