Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    Shiny Top August Meetup
    When
    • 27 August 2017
    • 0900 start time
    What to Bring
    • Anything under .50 caliber unless black powder
    • Food and Water if you need it (I will be bringing a small chest of water)
    If you are new to the place, you pay in a small cabin outside a dirt parking lot prior to showing up at the pistol/rifle range. Once done, you pretty much have free reign. Skeet shooting is per round.

Now that I am back in the game with shooting guns regularly, I am trying to find out if anyone in the Central Texas area would be interested in a monthly Shiny Top Ranch range day? I go more often than that but too many of us that live within 30-45 minutes of each other wait for the bi-annual TGT meet before we see each other again. Would be nice to have a monthly thing going on.

Anyone in the Cove/Killeen/Harker Heights/Temple/Salado area interested? We can figure out something once we see if there is any interest.

Last edited:

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    I guess we can all post dates available each month on the weekends and see what works the best for everyone. I don't do much each weekend and kind of just find shit to do each weekend so my schedule normally isn't backlogged anymore. I was traveling periodically before for my job, will still need to do that but not for the rest of the year, at least as far as I know for now.

I guess we can just list all of the weekends we are available and pick the one weekend most people are open on and use that for each month. Since I live about 10 minutes away from Shiny Top, I can get water and stuff and have it cold and ready for the days we go. I can also get BBQ by the pound here and bring it out for lunch if we don't want to leave the area. They don't charge you again if you leave and come back though, just let them know you are going for lunch and coming back.

Dawico

Uncoiled
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    Lampasas, Texas
    I thought their rifle range was limited to 308, or at least 30 caliber.

I know it was very primitive and 338 Lapua was a no go a while back.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    It's been upgraded a bit since last. They have a covering out there now with a bench. Nothing you can really sit down and shoot on yet but its better than nothing. I still don't think .338 is permitted but I can ask again. With the upgrades they are doing and seemingly increasing amount of tires for the berm, we should be getting to that point soon. I was shooting my 45-70 out there but that isn't exactly a magnum round and they didn't care.

TexasBrandon

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 14, 2011
    Salado
    That's weird, won't let me edit the original post anymore. Wanted to add a potential attendees list. Oh well, we know who we are.

jrbfishn

TGT Addict
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 9, 2013
    south of killeen
    Managed to get a couple more hours off that day and don't go to work until 3pm. Count me in.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Top Bottom