• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    I Got a Smallpox Vaccination as a Child. Am I Safe From Monkeypox?

It probably helps that those of us who are old enough to have gotten vaccinated for smallpox, and also still being alive, probably aren't butt fuckers...

I wonder too, if the shingles vaccine might infer some immunity to monkey pox?

Regardless, it would seem they are working hard to turn what was a queer disease into another pandemic. I'd really like to **** the powers responsible, just not in the ass and not with my precious appendage...
    DK Firearms

Grumps21

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2021
    Houston
    1658963598840.jpeg

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    The danger of monkeypox, for those of us not into anal sex, is that it can probably be left behind on surfaces and is more stable than the coof.

Considering the population that is most susceptible, I wouldn't put it beyond them to actively try to spread it by applying it to surfaces...

For all those who have opposed masks for the coof, would you consider gloves for your protection?

I'm thinking specifically about things like gas pumps or atms, where lots of people contact the same surfaces.

Monkeypox: How it spreads, who’s at risk - here’s what you need to know

kbaxter60

"Gig 'Em!"
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 23, 2019
    Pipe Creek
    The danger of monkeypox, for those of us not into anal sex, is that it can probably be left behind on surfaces and is more stable than the coof.

Considering the population that is most susceptible, I wouldn't put it beyond them to actively try to spread it by applying it to surfaces...

For all those who have opposed masks for the coof, would you consider gloves for your protection?

I'm thinking specifically about things like gas pumps or atms, where lots of people contact the same surfaces.

Monkeypox: How it spreads, who’s at risk - here’s what you need to know

Sorry, you lost me at WHO. Didn't read one more word. Same if it were CDC, FDA, DHS, etc.

1911'S 4 Me

TGT Addict
    TGT Supporter
    Lifetime Member
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 13, 2018
    Humble
    Well, that is most likely where it came from, just like the AIDS virus.
    Monkey around and you are going to catch something.

gll

TGT Addict
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016

Sores on his anus. Whodathunkit?
    "During the infectious period of time, body fluids, respiratory secretions, and lesion material from people with monkeypox can contaminate the environment. Poxviruses can survive in linens, clothing and on environmental surfaces, particularly when in dark, cool, and low humidity environments."

"The virus can live on surfaces such as bedding for as long as 15 days."

"After infection, there is an incubation period of roughly 1-2 weeks. The development of initial symptoms (e.g., fever, malaise, headache, weakness, etc.) marks the beginning of the prodromal period."

Top Bottom