Patriot Mobile

Moments in life that make it all worthwhile. Pic only….

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Texas

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Younggun

Certified Jackass
    TGT Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 31, 2011
    hill co.
    Those hammocks IN the water, pure genius.

Congrats to the kiddo on the win. Sparring or forms? Just judging by uniforms of the black belts in the background, looks like the same style of TKD I've done for 32 years.

Also, looks like you & the boy had some good times on the skid steer

She’s been pretty consistent with 1st or second with both sparring and forms. Goes for Second Degree this fall. Shit down the tournaments when Covid started though so it’s been a while since she’s competed.
    ARJ Defense ad

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    She’s been pretty consistent with 1st or second with both sparring and forms. Goes for Second Degree this fall. Shit down the tournaments when Covid started though so it’s been a while since she’s competed.

Thankfully tournament circuits have opened back up. There was a big one in Houston about a month ago, I didn't find out about it soon enough to register. Its been about 2 1/2 years since my son's and my last competition.

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    BBB and GRB Shooting AKs in NH August 2012.jpg

Brendan's Brown Trout I think Summer 2001.jpg

075.JPG

IMG_1423.jpg

20181230_182055.jpg

CAB BBB Gran Xmas 92.jpg

20170611_152944.jpg

20170625_144055.jpg

20161124_141303.jpg

20160531_133916_001.jpg

Glenn B

Retired & Loving It
    TGT Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 5, 2019
    Texarkana - Across The Border
    1656255252103.jpeg

As for this photo, it's my son standing in front of Federal Hall. Anyone know where that is without clicking on the link or otherwise looking it up? It is located in what was the first Capital of the United States, it was where Congress first met, it was where our first president was sworn into office and among many other things it was wherein the Bill of Rights was drafted (all in a different building but all on the same site). You could live and or work in that particular city all your life and never know it was there unless maybe you worked in the same area in which it is located or just stumbled across it by chance. Sadly, many of the people, of the city in which it is located, have almost no regard for the Bill of Rights, claim George Washington was a disgrace, only agree with Congress or the Supreme Court when it suits their ends and hate liberty, freedom, this country and that for which it stands.

My son loved visiting it with me, we also visited some other sites including Chinatown and visits to McSorely's Old Ale House and to Fraunce's Tavern (which was not far from Federal Hall). I do not recall for certain but am pretty sure my son had not realized that this important landmark and piece of history was there before we went to see it.

As for the smiling lady above my son, we don't know her but I kind of, sort of, almost definitely wish I did! Had I been alone & single, I would have hit her up. Anyway she gave up a nice smile for that shot.

If you clicked on the link for Federal Hall above and read the short paragraph about it (can you believe it is that brief for such an important historical landmark) did you notice the mistake made about one of the government agencies that was located in the building. The government piece said that it also served as the "Customs House". There is no such thing as a Customs House - at least with regard to Customs & Border Protection, previously the United States Customs Service, or under any other prior name for Customs. The correct term is Custom House not Customs House. Since Wikipedia got at least that right - here is a link to their write-up on Federal Hall. It is quite an interesting bit of history.

Last edited:

Sasquatch

TGT Addict
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 20, 2020
    Magnolia
    Did a day trip down to Corpus Christi today. Boy wanted to play on the beach for while, it was 91 degrees and the sand in the sun was hot as hell, so we found some shade to play in.

yRaFbUT.jpg

cUTRuea.jpg

NP92dtC.jpg

sXpKbBe.jpg

It was a beautiful drive there & back - we went a different way back and came up thru Port Lavaca, Palacios, Blessing, and El Campo. Went Brenham, thru Round Top, La Grange, Halletsville,Victoria and Refugio on the way down.

I love road tripping just to see new places and explore. Wifey and I did a little of that yesterday on a date to celebrate our 15th anniversary (was last Thursday) and decided to take the family to Corpus today.

I'm trying NOT to think of all the gas burned, but it was a good weekend, we saw a lot more of this great, beauitful state and have a few places on the list that we need to get back to for a longer, more proper visit now.

Top Bottom